No longer available Alleva Coppolo RA5 (Mitch Freeman's Ex) with Pics added

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Latinbass, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Latinbass

Latinbass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    **NEW THREAD WITH PICS ADDED**

This is a trade feeler -

I would like to trade my RA5 for an Alleva rosewood board 5 string. This RA5 is Mitch Freeman’s old bass and is a beast of a bass . The tone on this RA5 is just ridiculous - killer slap and fat with loads of punch finger tone but I'm looking for a rosewood board jazz Alleva 5.

As you can see the condition is very good, it has been played and there is some wear on the side of upper horn and by the top of bridge pickup - mojo of a great sounding bass being played.

I will leave it listed for the next 3-5 days and if I don't find what am looking for I may take it down and keep this beauty.

IMG_2102.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    bassballs27 and Edgar like this.
  2. Latinbass

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey

I've had a few offers with some great basses - but just waiting to see if I get that Alleva Rosewood..... (possibly a Sadowsky).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  3. bassicg

bassicg Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    The ONLY reason I let this bass go is because I needed the money! I know the word insane is thrown around on tb to describe an instrument quite often, but insane is the only word to describe the tone of this thing, unless you want to use the word RIDICULOUS. Even though these terms compliment the instrument, to me they also serve as somewhat of a pleasant warning. Put it this way, you may want to have women and small children leave the room before you amp up. If your verbal expression doesn't scare the h*** out of them, the tone is sure to cause whiplash. Just plain ole sinister!
    FAIR WARNING:
    TO WHOMEVER ENDS UP WITH THIS BASS. WHEN FINANCES PERMIT, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN TO GET IT BACK. :eyebrow: :smug:

bassballs27 and gkbass13 like this.
  4. Latinbass

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    closing thread.

gkbass13 and bassballs27 like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021