Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alleva-Coppolo?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tiefling, Sep 15, 2004.

1. tiefling

tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
  2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    If this helps, Jimmy Coppolo Formerly of Rudy's 48st in Manhattan is the Maker of that pre-amp. I heard that pre and it does sound great. Jimmy worked in the past along side john Suhr (Pensa-Suhr) at Rudy's until they both split. I got my Aggie DB924 from Jimmy but would have got the Alleva-Coppolo pre had one been ready. Jimmy is also the owner (I believe) of Guitar Boutique and makes the pre hiimself for his store.

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    As soon as Jimmy gets done refin'ing my 78 P I will be grabbing one of those pre's...they sound really sweet.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    whenever i'm in the area i stop by Jimmy's shop. always lookin' out for the celebs that regularly walk in to say hello. :cool:

and yea, the basses rock too. very solid, well built, and tone for days. the preamp is great, but he never seems to have one in stock. as soon as he builds one, its gone in a day. :(

5. I thought I'd revive this thread. Does anyone else have experience with the AC stompbox preamp? thanks