1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

alleviating your GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Acacia, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Anyone buying another bass soon?

Whatcha gettin'?

I am eyeing a mid-90's neck-thru Charvel. After a recent ebay deal, looks like I can get something new (again...just bought a new Fender a few weeks ago).

I take it that this GAS thing is truly addictive. ;)

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    In the past month or so, I bought a:

1-Warmoth 5 string that I built

2-Spector NS-2000 5Q

3-G&L L-5500

I want to get a Spector NS-6 XL w/a piezo but that ALOT of money.

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Dave Pushic´s Custom "Omega" Bass

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I like my Schecter so much, that I bought another one. This time...with a bolt on neck, which I am seriously thinking about defretting.

5. Saving up for a Warwick Corvette STD 5-string:D

6. I'd really like to build a Warmoth Jazz, but that might not happen for a while. I'll probably get a few EBS effects and a maybe new amp before that (I think my current amp is loud enough.. it's sufficed on a gig before.. but we'll see).

7. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...was going to fix the GAS with an 8x10 ampeg cab and a Ampeg B2R head, but my mom won't let me spend that much on a bass rig, so I had to get a computer, which is not by any means a cure for Bass GAS, toy/techie/other GAS, but not Bass GAS.

So to ease off some of the pressure, I'm probably going to get a coupla pedals (a decent chorus, delay, and/or synth) with the spare cash not going into the puter.

Later, I might build a Warmoth, but now, a new set of strings, and maybe some new picks...

8. After getting my Sadowsky a few weeks ago and the Ashdown rig a few months ago, I now think my GAS addiction has been completely cured. :D

9. keep telling your self that. maybe it will come true.
    :D

10. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I bought a 1977 MusicMan Stingray Nat,Maple, strung through. Became my main squeeze.
    Bought a G&L L2000 for a backup on a impulse buy but I don't like it so back 0n the selling block she goes, it's to bad cause it's a real nice bass i'm just not comfy with it, to many switches and knobs.
    Selling for what I have into it 450 + shipping see the add in the for sale section with pics.

11. Dave Siff

Dave Siff Supporting Member

You'd think my G.A.S. was cured, after I got my Carl Thompson workin' good, and just picked up that killer, customized MIM Jazz from Dude. But no. This Dave Pushic guy is giving me a severe case of G.A.S.! And sadly, there is nothing I can do about it.

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Dave, do what I do. Look at your bank statement once a day.:(

Will C.:cool:

13. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i think i am gonna trade in the P bass that I just bought a few weeks ago. i love the neck, but i cannot get comfy plucking on it.

the shop is gonna give me full credit (minus tax). I'll get the used charvel i was looking at, a case, a Korg digital tuner and some other accessories...

14. Gear_Junky

Gear_Junky

Jul 11, 2000
    I don't even have GAS! I haven't bought anything "bass" in at least a year. I spend all my money on drum gear now [lol]

15. getting a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass!
    I want to get rid of my other crap so I can get some more J-basses. J-basses rule!

16. odie

odie Supporting Member

I think I need a custom made bass, Ive never actually had one, Ive never even gotten a bass with my choice of color, I always just found the one that sounded best, took it home, and dealt with the appearence later.

Maybe a DP!!!!!!

17. SantosL.Halper

SantosL.Halper

Sep 27, 2000
    Putting $1700 into my piece of crap car has alleviated any GAS for me for the time being...

But, there is a 5-string fretless in my future.-SLH

"What's that smell? I smell home cooking.
    It's only the river...". Talking Heads "Cities"

18. Man, I got some bad gas today. At lunch today I played a G&L 2000, natural ash and maple. What a great bass! I want it so bad! It's used (but immaculate condition) and they want 799.00 for it w/ case, but after running home and doing a search here on used G&L's, it seemed that maybe 799.00 was alittle high. Now I'm wondering weather to get it or not. I want it, but I don't want to pay too much for it. It looks and sounds awsome. There's not a scratch on it! It looks completly brand new. What do you guys think? I think I'm gonna go up there tomarrow and offer him 700.00.

19. Gear_Junky

Gear_Junky

Jul 11, 2000
    Here's a greeting card you would send to the bass of your dreams:

"Thought of you today. Got G.A.S.!"