Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AllodoX goes MTD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Oh yeah !

picked this beauty up today, and while i was there i also bought

- Bartolini MME pickup
    - Bartolini BAE HR 2/2-AP preamp ( passive + active / 2 band eq )

I really love the neck on this bass.. very (!) sleek and fast. At first, the weight of the bass ( which is VERY light ), makes it feel very fragile and flimsy, but playing the bass proved me wrong.. even tho the bass weight very little, it is VERY well built and plays and sounds like a bass about twice it's price ! i can't wait to put in the bartolini and preamp tonight.. woowiee !!! :D

[​IMG]

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Congrats on the bass AllodoX!!!! Guess the electronics can't be up to muhc if you're changing them already!

3. no the bass sounds perfect with stock pickups.. but i don't really like passive stuff :)

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I love that pickup. I've got one in my fretless, with a JRetro.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Congrats Allo, I think the Kingstons are great aswell..

I know what you mean by having a light weight bass. When I first held my Elrick I thought I would break it.. My stingray weighed about 10lbs and my elrick can't weight more than 6. But its built like a tank.

I also have bartolini pickups in my bass, i think you will enjoy them very very much

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow that's like two new basses within one month! What's the deal, just get a big record company advance or something?

7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Fair enough! Enjoy:)

8. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    ahhh, the Kingston.

great bass!!!

f

9. well.. i dunno if you guys have it in USA too, but in holland we have a thingy called " de krasloterij ". it basicly means you buy a card ( costs 1.25 euro.. lets' say $ 1 ? :) ) at a gas-station , bookstore, sigaret-store, or whomever sells them.

then using a coin or whatever you scratch the card. underneat the grey stuff that you scratch, there are 6 numbers resembling values. if you get the same value 3 times, you win that amount of money.

but there is also a 7th grey spot that you can scratch.. this is the multiplier-slot. so say that you scratch 3x100, you'd get 100 dollar... but if your multiplier is 4, you'd get 400 dollar.

i was lucky.. now and then i buy one of those cards, most of the times you get nothing, but few weeks back i hit the jackpot.. 3x1000 euro with a multiplier of 3 ! 3000 euro ( about $ 2900 i think ) made the easy way ! woohoo ! :D

so now you understand why i had some $$ left to buy not only a Fender V and a Peavey 8x10, but also an MTD Kingston 4 + bartolini goodiees :D

10. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We call it the "lottery" in the USA.

Congratulations, have fun!

11. Whatever happened to that Warwick you were getting?

12. And do you still have the ATK, Jazz V, and Squier? They arent on your site.

13. Yeah, they're still here :)

Just put the " new " situation picture on the site.. coz everybody already knows the old rig :)

14. Sound samples pleez. ;)

15. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Congratulations! It's the same color/fretboard as mine, 'cept it's a 4-banger.

16. Great minds think alike :p

17. Congrats, you lucky, lucky bastard. :p :D

I love my Kingston with TI Jazz Flats.

18. Glad you like the MTD Kingston!! Why is it that everytime I read a review about these basses the reviewer claims it sounds and plays like a bass twice the price? What basses costing twice the price are they comparing them to??? are they getting paid to say this??.... Then they go on to say they want to install new pups/electrics and possibly a new neck...:confused: I bought one just to see what the deal was... They are overall well made, nice neck/frets and are very light in weight, but even at the price I paid I wouldn't go so far as to say that it sounds/plays like a, some or most basses twice the price.. Thats just rediculous. but I am going to hang on to it because I have been using it to record with, all my Fenders seem to be making pops and hums lately..........

19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    and how much did your fenders cost?

20. Some less, some more........