Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AllodoX goes Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jan 31, 2003.

1. My new bass arrived today.. A black Spector NS2000/Q5 :D

It's this bass :
    [​IMG]

but in this color :
    [​IMG]

the sound is just WOAH :eek: !! Very deep and rich lows with crispy clear highs.. me like !!

cost me 875 euro, which is more than i originally planned to spend on my new axe, but it is more than worth it :D

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    welcome back borther, i missed you!

and congrats, spector rules.

i am still waiting for a deal on a 4 string Czech thru body.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    a Q5? A bolt on model? Well cool beans, glad you likes it. but nothing is ever going to compare to the ATK,,, i'm sorry AllodoX;) Just kidding. I myself am saving for a nice Czech made spector bolt on.

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Sweet! I don't own a Spector, but I have always liked them. I forsee getting one in the future.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Congrats, Allo.

I suppose you'll change your avatar to a Spector Avatar now.

How does it compare to an ultra versatile Ibanez? ;)

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats. I had a red one for a while & it was alot better than I expected it to be!!!!!

7. Way to go dude!

Now find the thread about modding it to 18V for a bit of extra punch!

I own two Spectors and don't plan on playing much else anytime soon.

8. Congrats, beautiful bass!

I live in the Netherlands as you do, and I was wondering if you knew where I could try some Spectors out?

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, welcome back 'dox. good to see you again. be sure to post a pic the new bass. out in the garden :D.

10. Spectors are awesome! Congrats on the new bsas.

11. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats, and welcome to the club!:D

12. uhmm... Conijn Muziek in Eindhoven has some Spectors in the shop, but i ordered this one at my regular shop ' Klomp Muziek ' in my hometown 's-Hertogenbosch :)

The thing that is coolest of this bass, is that it has absolute crystal clear highs.. lots of basses have good lows, but muffled highs.. this one has both.. the 35" scale makes the B very tights, and the highs are very clear.. nice sound.. will make a sample later on today :)

13. <-- ;)

14. Hey Tim,

How's the new Klomp store in the Zuiderpassage? Any good? Haven't seen it yet so I'm a bit curious. Hope they have more room than in the old store ;-)
    Also, if you happen to go to Conijn, drop me a line. I live about 5 minutes on foot from Conijn. Maybe we could hook up.

Houdoe war! (no, it's not English, don't ask!!)

Rody

PS Tower of Power is coming to the 013 in february..........

15. Thanx a lot!

I'll go check out Conijn then...

16. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    AllodoX - good to see you again! It's also good to see that you have went the way of the Spector - they are really nice aren't they!

I've modded all of mine to run at 18v, it's well worth the 5 mins or so and the $2-3 !! It just adds a a nice deepness to them!:)

17. Man all you guys are making me miss Holland. I lived there from '82-'85 when I was in High School - went to the American School of the Hague, when it was actually in
    Den Haag and not Wassenaar. I lived in Scheveningen. I saw the best concerts of my life back then - Aardshock festivals with Venom, Mercyful Fate, and I must have seen Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Motorhead 100 times ;) Lots of Dutch bands that faded away too - Highway Chile, Picture ....

tot ziens

18. I knew you'd come around eventually.

;)

You can have sound samples of my REX if you like, just ask.