AllodoX goes Warwick ( pictures ! )

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Right..

Bought this baby last week, but didn't have the chance to make pictures up until now.

So it's a 1993 Warwick Fortress-One (passive) in the 'Antique Tabacco' finish.

okidokie.. let's start the slide-show then, shall we ? :)

The whole bass.

In Europe it's illegal to post about a warwick without showing it's back

The body.
  2. As you can see it needs some cleaning + new pickups

The brown headstock with poorly-installed strings and :D Brass nut :D !!!

The headstock's back + serial number
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Whew! That bass looks like it's seen better days, but congratulations! The Fortress body is one of the coolest there ever was. What kind of pickups are you going to drop in? Are you going to active-ize it?
  4. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    very nice.... i love picking up basses that someone else didn't take care of, then putting all the effort in myself....

5. yeah.. when i'm done with her.. she will annihilate all your basses :D

planned :

- Clean + polish the bass
    - Replace rusty screws with new ones
    - polish the chrome hardware
    - clean + wax the neck / fretboard
    - new strings
    - new pickups
    - new pots

and MAYBE i'll smack in a preamp some day, but this is actually the first passive bass that sounds great to me..
  6. dude, I have a Fortress w/a preamp and it ROCKS!! You won't believe the bottom end.
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    welcome to the club!

looks SWEET. i'm sure she'll clean up nicely.
  8. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Quite a fixer-upper! And it's passive? Is it a v-v-t-t configuration? What are you gonna put in for pickups?

And a tip on hardware polishing... I've used the SWR rags (which are just treated silver polishing rags, available at jewelry stores) with a lot of success. No treating, just wipe tarnish off.

I have a Masterman 5 string which I love... but would like a PJ config like that for more tonal options.
  9. AllodoX - you've finally done it!!!! You've been threatening to get a Warwick for a while now. Hope you enjoy it! Not my cup of tea as you're well aware, but if it makes you happy then I'm happy for you!

10. we have this stuff in holland called " Commandant ". it's a polish that is made specially for removing (deep) scratches. i will use that first and after that some good ol' gibson guitarpolish.

for the neck i have a tin of beeswax ( warwick )

i've decided to put in Bartolini P8S and J9L-1 pickups in it for enhanced low end.

i might put in a bartolini NTBT later on..

strings ? Ernie Ball regular slinkies ( green package )
  11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Congrats with the Warwick Allo!

I hope you´ll enjoy it very much! :)
  12. Man, that's awesome, AllodoX!

I'm not much of a Warwick fan, but that looks GREAT!!!:D
  13. that bass is awesome. and by awesome, i mean totally sweet.
  14. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Waaaaaaaay to go big man, you got me jealous now, im just gonna have to come up there and beat you within an inch of your life for that beautiful...smooth...elegant...extravagant...perfect...bass.

Congrats and enjoy her!
  15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Wow, I think you've gotten more new toys in the past month or so than I've gotten in the past year or so.
  16. Damn! Thats one of the first Warwicks I've seen that I really like the look of!

How much did it set you back?
  17. First you were raving about Yamaha
    Then it was Ibanez
    Then it was your Fender
    Now Warwicks?
    What next?

18. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Yamanez's or Fendicks, you choose :)
  19. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    It'll clean up nice. But its got a lot of rust for a '93. Did you buy that bass from a fella named Jabba?
  20. no.. it was at a store.. shame on them for not cleaning it before selling it.