Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AllodoX & Ibanez.... destiny or coincidence ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jun 12, 2002.

1. What is it with Ibanez and me ? why is it that everytime i try another brand, the 'big i' haunts me ? i cannot help it..

So today i went to the store to get a fresh set-up on my Cort 3535 ( which i bought like.. 2 weeks ago ). As usual i did some chatting with the store-owner, and he told me he had a cool thingy that might interest me ( uhoh )

So he went to the back-office and came back with this sunburst Ibanez ATK305.. my eyes grew bigger and bigger and turned all watery.. :eek:

Then this little guy that looked just like me with red horns popped up on my left shoulder.. " Buy it, you wimp ! " he said.. Then another little guy that looked just like me, but with a halo around his head, popped up on my right shoulder. " Wait ! ", he said, " What about the new amplifier you wanted to buy next month ? ". " Shut up you fool ! " said the horned guy. Then the 2 little guys started fighting eachother ! :eek:

Then the store-owner decided to interfere with the 2 little guys on my shoulders. " i've got the solution " he said. he grabbed out a little calculator, and typed in some numbers. anxiously, the 2 little guys and myself waited to what the calculator would say.. it said... 42 ! we were all astonished ofcourse ! then the store-owner explained the whole matter, and so the problem was solved." leave the Cort 3535 plus 42 euro, and you're the new owner of the ATK305 ", he said.

The little guys on my shoulders were so happy that they shook hands, and decided to get drunk; so they dissapeared again.

10 minutes later i also dissapeared, but with the ATK305 in my hardshell ! :D

- Maple neck
    - Maple Fretboard
    - Ash body
    - 22 Medium-sized frets
    - Triple Coil bridge pu
    - 3 Band EQ
    - EXTREMELY punchy ( this baby gives pick-like punch at fingerstyle ! )
    - Sunburn finish
    - Open tuners
    - Thru-body stringing option
    - 100 % kick-*** !!!

[​IMG]
    ( crappy photo, will make a better one soon )

so you see.. the dark side prevailed again ! AllodoX is once more the loyal Ibanez endorser ! :D

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I KNEW IT!!!:p

Darned if we know...

Nice bass. Congrats.

3. man i swear..you don't know punchy unless you've played the ATK..:eek:

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

ok.....where are all the douglas adams freaks? :D i saw it first! naa naa naa naaaaaaa

awesome bass, man...i tried one several years ago after i saw mark white slapping on one. killer tone.

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    AllodoX - whatever happened to that Warwick you were planning on?:confused:

6. yeah.. i know.. shoot me...

maybe next year...

7. The answer is 42 but what is the question?

I've never tried the ATK, never found it in sweden. Darn music stores in Stockholm...

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's a great bass brother!

but you don't know the REAL punch until you'll play a good Fender Precision Bass!!

9. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Destiny

10. b.t.w. the 42 euro thingy is not a joke.. ;)

11. nice to know you've finnally got things sorted again :p

12. me likes Ibanez, good choice AllodoX

13. HAHAHAHAH! Ibanez again!

You're following my example... SR 4's... then EDB 5's.... finally BTB 6's (instead of a custom made 6's)

It is not easy to get rid of Ibanez... you know...

EBP

14. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    is that the old model? ot rhe new one? i can't see the j pickup at neck

15. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Hmm, the dark side does indeed move in mysterious ways!;) Can't say I blame you - 42 euros to trade in for it, nice deal man!

16. He, you're right!

Damn, those books were funny.

Allodox, great bass! Where did you buy it?

17. good question Ruud, did you buy the bass at your local shop? you don't see ATK's that often here in the Netherlands.....

18. baroso : it's the atk305, which is the '98 model.

Thebug : ATK300 ( 498 euro ) and ATK400 ( 680 euro ) are still available :D

19. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    so is it made in japan?