Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

allow me to introduce my babies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by themajorrager, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Hi TBers,

just thought id show you my babies.

[​IMG]

my first ever bass was a Yamaha RBX270 circa 1994. after joining a band and getting serious about playing i purchased the Yamaha TRB4II and have never regretted it - it looks beatiful (IMO), sounds beatiful, has great build quality and great playability. The RBX270 was relegated to the position of a "project" bass. it got as far as stripping the crappy plastic coating off the body and an attempt at painting it before it ended up in the dumpster.
    the Spector Legend5AS eventuated because id been watching and inspired by an Aussie bass legend Roger Mclachlan playing his 5 stringer. im still not sure i am a five string player but will give it more time before ebay intervenes.
    last but definately not least is my beatiful and apparently incredibly rare Vantage. on one of my many round on ebay i spotted this bass for only $500AUS. all i had was the picture and the specs - i couldnt find any reviews anywhere - nobody else had ever even seen one of these basses. but logic prevailed. the specs were as follows: made in 1980; ash body; nech-thru const; 18 volt active circ.; Di Marzio pups; solid brass "bad-ass style" bridge. so my brain told me that you cant get a cheap bass with all those features now so to get a cheap bass with all those features back in 1980 was impossible. so i knew it had to be a gem - and i couldnt have been more right!!! :p
    unfortunately it took me 8 hours of cleaning scum off the bass before i realised this! in its previous 25 years of existance i dont think it had been cleaned once! :mad: however after it cleaning and a setup i was blown away by it. the sound, versatility, playability is incredible. its tone kills both of my other basses (which i paid upto four times the amount for). id even go so far as to say it kills most fenders ive heard.
    :p hope you like my babies!!! :D
    for thos intrested in the naming of basses - from left to right i have named mine Corelea, Lisa and Charlotte.

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

any comments are welcome!

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
  3. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
    hello, nice trio you got there