1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Allow me To Introduce Myself...

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Dec 20, 2005.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    <p>I am a man of not much wealth and precious little taste.... </p>

<p>I'm looking forward to contributing to BIG BOTTOM and thought that a short introduction is in order. I had a rather forced introduction to 'folk guitar" at a very early age and didn't take to it very well. I pretty much drove my family nuts by playing "dueling banjos" and trying to play "The Munsters" theme song. After thrashing about like that until I was about 11, the parental units capitualted. I did get to play in a folk band, but I was so amazingly bad on guitar that they put me on a snare and hi-hat! I was free from the requirement of playing the nasty six stringed torture device, but I kept plunking around on this nylon string guitar. Mostly it involved playing bass parts to these Beatles tapes that I had recorded off the radio (for the younger readers: In the 70's radio stations often played entire albums without commercial interruption, often late at night, and broadcast piracy was born). One of my dad's pals gives him the 411: "I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Brunelli... your kid is a bass player" and that led to me getting a bass when I was about 13 (1977, you do the math). <a href="http://www.24stgeorge.com/team/allow_me_to_int.html">Read more.</a></p>