Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Allow me To Introduce Myself...

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Dec 20, 2005.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    <p>I am a man of not much wealth and precious little taste.... </p>

<p>I'm looking forward to contributing to BIG BOTTOM and thought that a short introduction is in order. I had a rather forced introduction to 'folk guitar" at a very early age and didn't take to it very well. I pretty much drove my family nuts by playing "dueling banjos" and trying to play "The Munsters" theme song. After thrashing about like that until I was about 11, the parental units capitualted. I did get to play in a folk band, but I was so amazingly bad on guitar that they put me on a snare and hi-hat! I was free from the requirement of playing the nasty six stringed torture device, but I kept plunking around on this nylon string guitar. Mostly it involved playing bass parts to these Beatles tapes that I had recorded off the radio (for the younger readers: In the 70's radio stations often played entire albums without commercial interruption, often late at night, and broadcast piracy was born). One of my dad's pals gives him the 411: "I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Brunelli... your kid is a bass player" and that led to me getting a bass when I was about 13 (1977, you do the math). <a href="http://www.24stgeorge.com/team/allow_me_to_int.html">Read more.</a></p>