1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Allow me to introduce myself.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Yellow, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Yellow

Yellow

Apr 20, 2006
    Sooke, BC, Canada
    Hi everyone, my name is Andy,(Canada, BC, Vancouver Island) I play bass, build cabs for guitars and bass as a business
    ( www.yellowcabamplification.com) and hoping to learn to buid basses as well some day. Love wood.
    I have been playing for a number of years, mostly with friends and in a church. I am not religious, but I am a Chistian.
    That brings me to the music I like, I love electric gospel, electric blues, listen to a lot of Flecktones as well, and of course bass devotions include Stanley Clarke, Jaco, Tony Levin, other solo bass artists.
    I have been here before a few years back and also as "newbie" on Carvin forum, if anyone is from there, my best regards.

Hope to hangout more, talk to all you great dudes.

2. Fragdoll

Fragdoll

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey im Jason and am from England, got a Bass guitar a week ago and loving it. Hope to talk with some cool dudes on here!

3. Yellow

Yellow

Apr 20, 2006
    Sooke, BC, Canada
    Welcome , Dude, what kind of music you like, what bass did you get?

4. Welcome Yellow! I've only been here a month or so, but let me tell you, it's most likely the best forum you'll find online. Great bunch of guys here who will help you with ANYTHING.

Glad you've joined us! Enjoy!!!

5. Yellow

Yellow

Apr 20, 2006
    Sooke, BC, Canada
    Thanks Ray, nice to meet you too.

So you play short scale, I play etxra long. How short is a short scale and what is the advantage.

The reason I play long one is my hands are big and I need room to see things on the fretboard.:(