No longer available AllParts, Fender Licensed, Jazz Bass Body. Beautiful Red Quilt Maple over Ash

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    $250.00
    The Body is a nice Ruby, Crimson Red - Some of the photos using the flash makes it look more orange. It is a deeper red than my Devon 5 string bass.
    The NECK is NOT included. These pics happen to show the best Quilt Detail.

Here is an AllParts, Jazz Bass body up for grabs. I purchased the body here on TalkBass a little while ago. The plan was to start a build, then decided to build an early 50s P bass instead. The body set up well and intonated perfectly with the attached Leo Quan BadAss II bridge. My 2016 Fender Mexican and 1994 Fender Japanese necks dropped right in with a superb, tight fit. My Fender US 75 Reissue neck will not fit without some sanding. The 75 Reissue Mexican neck is the one shown in the photos.

The body is Ash with a beautiful Quilted Maple top. I was told the finish was lacquer. The wear looks natural like lacquer. It also appears the bridge and neck plate were mounted before the lacquer fully cured. I'm sure those areas could be buffed out with #0000 Steel wool, which is what I would have done, if I decided to keep it. The body has some fingernail swirls and other markings of it being played and loved during its prior ownership.

The body comes with the BadAss II bridge and Fender Super 55 Split Coil Jazz Bass pickups. They sounded fine. The volume controls could be a little more linear from 0 - 10. The back control plate and cavity has enough room to try just about any pickup, preamp and knob configuration in the world!

Add a neck and Concentric knobs and you should be good to go!

PayPal is the preferred method of payment.

Shipping via FedEx Ground / Home or USPS Priority Mail to your Lower 48 Continental US state.

PhotoGridRedAllParts.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    Mcguires swirl remover would be a better 1st try at 2 questionable finish areas, imho

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.
  3. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    Good to know!! I may have to use it for another bass that I own!!

vin088xk1 likes this.
  4. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    meguiar's makes a good swirl remover too

5. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    Yes, hypercarrots got the name right.

6. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I had a G&L Comanche with ash body & quilt maple top, sounded divine :)

7. 7dollarbologna

7dollarbologna Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Downtown Albuquerque
    Desert Eccentric
    I noticed you have a fender neck mounted on it -Isn't the neck pocket on an AllParts 2 & 7/16"?

8. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    That's a Fender Mexican neck that dropped right in, but to fit the USA 75 Reissue neck, that I also have up for sale, the body or neck would need some sanding.

9. 7dollarbologna

7dollarbologna Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Downtown Albuquerque
    Desert Eccentric
    I have an allparts neck that I have on a Fender body - I don't like the slop in the pocket, so I'm in the market for a body.

10. Well, you couldn't buy from a better dude, Ace is the place with the helpful bass hardware man. Also, BUMP!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021