1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD (Allparts) Marty Bell Gold Sparkle P Bass Body FEATHER

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by spike42, Mar 31, 2020.

1. spike42

spike42 Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Price:
    I bought this body from a TB seller, about 9 years ago. They'd sent the brand-new Allparts body off to Marty Bell and then bailed on the project. I was primarily interested because of the low weight, but after completing the bass I had a lot of fun with it over the years. The body alone weighs about 4lbs, 5 oz. The completed bass, wearing a MIM Jazz neck, weighed just about 8lbs even. According to the original seller, the body is alder and the finish was called "gold glass sparkle".

This was my primary player for a long while. I took good care of it, so no clunks or dings, but is starting to show some wear on the forearm contour and other high edges with just a bit of what appears to be a silver undercoat peeking through. Hard to photograph but I did try. There is also a "shadowy" area on the reverse, on the treble side, which I also tried to photograph - was like that when I got it.

This thing really "pops" under the lights. I've included a couple of gig pictures, both indoors and outdoors, to illustrate that fact; please excuse my ugly mug. It's worn a few pickguards over the years, but really looked good with parchment pearl. I also laid a gold guard on it for reference only; please note that I am selling the body and threaded saddle Fender bridge only.

Tons of fun for short money (price out a new Marty Bell sparkle job these days)!

$249 shipped and Paypal'd, to the lower 48.

A.jpg B.jpg C.jpg D.jpg E.jpg F.jpg G.jpg H.jpg I.jpg J.jpg K.jpg L.jpg WGktgUR.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    tindrum, Matt R, Jones64 and 10 others like this.
  2. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Geez.... Thank God this isn't a Jazz Bass body!!! :woot: GLWTS

juancaminos, tindrum and spike42 like this.
  3. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I'll buy it!

Matt R and Alan Ace Cooper like this.
  4. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    That’s a great looking body! I’m tempted to get it just to go with this one-off custom PRS Archtop that a client gave me. That finish really does look great under stage lighting...
    85686659-88EC-4E66-8083-A95E52892CBA.jpeg E02BBBAF-CC0B-43A1-8B5C-27A4EC404F7A.jpeg 7E9D6CAE-5FDF-41DE-8B03-1D2D3B59183A.jpeg

bassdude51 and happygilmour like this.
  5. BlakeInNashville

BlakeInNashville Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I'll take it if previous offer falls through. Been looking for one of these here for a couple years!!

6. spike42

spike42 Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Thanks for all the response, folks! Wish I had a dozen :)

bassdude51 and Matt R like this.