Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Allparts necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TyKao, Jan 6, 2004.

1. TyKao

TyKao

Jun 29, 2003
    Has anyone here bought a neck from Allparts? If so, what did you think?

I've been thinking of buying a neck like the one Nino Brown used in his P&J bass project:

[​IMG]

It looks pretty sweet and the price isn't bad, but I have no way of determining the build quality or anything like that. Can you guys compare that kind of neck to those on an MIM or MIA Fender?

Ideally I'd get a Warmoth or USA Customs neck, but I don't have the scratch for that or a high end bass and I'm really getting cramped with my starter axe (which is plywood/maple) right now. I'd buy another Fender-like axe right now, but no one has quite what I want and I'd rather not have to compromise if I can build up a good axe myself at a reasonable cost.

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    TyKao,
    USACG is highly recommended in my book, but unfortunately they aren't offering blocks yet. I just talked to Tommy about this very topic this weekend and I think he'll be moving toward gettting this option set up soon.

Nino,
    Since you've used both Warmoth, Mighty Mite, and Allparts necks (to the best of my knowledge), how do the Allparts necks compare to the Warmoth necks? Did the Allparts have any kind of reinforcement or is it just wood and trussrod?

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have an Allparts neck with black blocks on one of my jazzes and I like it a lot. Well-made, vintage look and feel.