1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Allparts Pots and Caps Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Funkflats11, May 11, 2010.

1. Funkflats11

Funkflats11

Aug 30, 2009
    NJ
    Hello,

I am planning on modding my 2004 Squier P-Bass with new Pots and Caps.

1) I am planning on putting .047 Orange Drop capacitors. I noticed on the allparts site there are mfd 600 volt and mfd 200 volt versions, which is the one that people use more. I am kinda confused by the voltage difference? Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

2) Again on allparts I am looking to replace my volume Pot and blend Pot with CTS Pots, what CTS pots has anyone used in their Squier P-bass? Did it fit initially or was dremeling required?

3) Lastly, any tips or links to how to replace pots and caps would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. For this application, voltage rating neither matters, nor makes any difference in tone.

The difference is that the 600V capacitors are designed to handle a greater voltage than the 200V capacitors.

Your bass is outputting a signal of a few hundred millivolts, to perhaps a few volts peak-to-peak at the maximum.

Any capacitor above say 5V should be fine.