1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AllParts to not carry Fender parts

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Michael B, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    AllParts has a message displayed on Fender parts they sell that they will not be restocking Fender parts when they run out.

Allparts Music

Time to look around for good suppliers.

Bought a truss rod nut fro this guy with good results.

Darren Riley's Guitar & Amp Shop - Raleigh NC

Any other suggestions for Fender parts?

BTW: of course Fender sells direct but the prices are often not great.

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

But they're not letting their license lapse, are they? I could see if they just stopping carrying Fender branded products but I would think that would hurt them to lose the licensed parts market.

I had to go to a Fender part to find this "Note: All FenderĀ® brand products are being discontinued by Allparts. They will not be restocked after they sell out, and special orders will not be available through Allparts."

3. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Don't know anything other than that message. My luthier hasn't settled on a new source.

4. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I don't really see this affecting anything honestly. Genuine Fender parts are no better than the aftermarket stuff that Allparts sells.

Scatabrain likes this.
  5. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Or, I suppose you could just...get them from Fender? I haven't had any trouble getting any parts I needed from them. Finding what I wanted on their website? That's a whole 'nother story... whoever set that thing up, needs to be taken out behind the barn and...educated. You can find what you want - eventually - but it's a royal PITA... :)

6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    There are other vendors on the web that carry genuine Fender. I honestly never even knew that Allparts sold Fender parts, so this isn't a big deal for me.

quickfix likes this.
  7. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Fender sells them for more. I find if you know the part number first it is easier to find. Knowing the serial number of the bass you can call Fender and ask for it. Did this for a truss rod nut that wasn't obvious.

This slightly outdate catalog can help. I bet you could call Fender and have one sent to you.

2015 Fender Parts & Accessories Price List

8. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    For Fender P/N's i download the service diagrams for whichever model i'm getting parts for and get the numbers i need.

Also, my primary sources for genuine Fender stuff is Darren Riley and Bass Parts Resource. I have yet to need a Fender part i didn't find in stock at one of those two places. For the usual junk i'm all about aftermarket, but occasionally only a Fender part will do.

Scatabrain likes this.
  9. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Where do you get service diagrams with part numbers?

A download page comes up in google but it's an empty page.

The downloadable manuals I have found are extremely generic.

FenderĀ® Guitar Owner's Manuals | Fender Support

10. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Scatabrain likes this.
  11. CharlyG

CharlyG ~ he not busy being born Is busy dying.

Jun 11, 2005
    West Hills, Ca.
    Darren Riley is the guy! Great service and quick ship....