Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

almost bought an xc-808 today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimfriar, Nov 15, 2004.

1. but I walked away. My hope is to run my yba200 head into it - but I already have the 1510 - and is the 808 that much better ? Man - I have been back and forth on this for a week !!! Then I will want the 800 watt head ... it never ends.

2. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Oh I would gather it's alot better. I plugged a number of different basses into the YBA with 1510 and was not impressed. I think the 1510 is the weak link there considering how cool that YBA head is. My thoughts were plugging the YBA into an SVT cab but Yorkville keeps on insisting that the 808 cab is really stellar. We don't have an 808 in the store yet but I tried the 410 and it sounded really good. The tone opened up alot. I'm sure the 808 is easier to move around than the 1510 too !!

3. Juddium

Juddium

May 24, 2004
    it's baller...get it :D

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Actually lsimy, the 1510 is incredibly easy to move around because the handles are mounted fairly high on the sides of the cab, its overall weight is only 72 pounds and I can pick it up myself and swing it around like a bat if I choose to and I'm no Ahhnold. The cab just doesn't push the mids very much which seems to be everybody's complaint with it but it DOES boom the bottom end without getting muddy and it has great highs. So long as you feed it a ton of mids it sounds great, I use a Warwick and a BP200 and crank the mids on the pedal and the head with great results. YMMV

5. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    RalphDaddy, I stand corrected. I have not had much experience moving one and that is indeed cool they choose to keep the weight down. I think it's a cool cab but I still say to jimfriar....."GET THE 808!!!!!!!"

6. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I can't say as I blame you lsimy, it's honestly not my favorite cab in the world but it was reasonably priced, VERY reasonably, sounds pretty good so long as you pump the mids and works fine for ME. Can't say much for anyone else right? :p

7. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    The XC808 is the best Cabinet I ever had IMHO. With the XS800H, it makes a killer rig. Never thought 8" speakers sounded so beefy with tons of definition. The handles on top and corners along with wheels make it somehow easy to move around. :hyper: