Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Almost Famous

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whitester, Nov 3, 2001.

1. I thought this would be a fun little tread for all TBers to tell us about how close they are to a famous player.

here's my story.

My dad went north to have a barbeque with his parents and the rest of his family, (sort of a family reunion thing) but the rest of us didn't go. Well he got talking to a woman called jenny, who was like his aunt or cousin but wasn't really related, just been a close family friend for years. when talking to her she asked about us kids, how we were going and stuff, because it had been so long since she had seen me and my sister. He said we were doing good and were we in bands at school and stuff and that my band was doing ok getting a few gigs here and there and on the radio a little (very little). Well she goes "my nephew is in a band and they''re doing pretty well, maybe your son knows them, they are calld the red hot chilli peppers and my nephew plays bass just like you son. Dad being dad, says 'oh i dont know if he's heard of them" duh!! Well when he get back home, he tells me this and i just flip. And apparently years ago when i was little i might have been at one of these BBQs when Flea was over here visiting his family.

Thats about my closest contact to the bass ledgend and it is definately true...you can ask my dad.!

cheers

yt.

2. ...and i thought i was cool because i shook JPJ's hand...:D :D :D

yup, outside a gig in Manchester...I was in visiting my Grandfather and i had just picked up zooma...the store clerck told me he was playing a concert the next eve, so i got a ticket and went...i stayed around with a bunch of people amd he was out signing autographs...i just went up to him and thanked him for all the great music and for being the most influential bassist for me...he just smiled and thanked me...

IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!

(i nearly pissed my pants BTW)

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm a butcher and I cut steak for Céline Dion every week!
    when she is in rosemère and not in tampa or miami I don't remember.
    Other people well known also but probably only here in quebec.
    I also worked for a band called the tea party.

4. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    well my mum works in a bar of a night, 4 times a week, and one of those nights a nearly good football (soccer for all you americans that misuse the word :rolleyes: *) comes in and drinks there. his name is john aldridge if any one hasnt heard of him.

*this was meant as a joke

6. Steve Lawson stays at my friend's house when he visits Southern California!

Haha...I hugged Victor Wooten at a Flecktones gig on May 9, 1997.