Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Almost Had It...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]
    I was in the process of getting two new five-strings this month. Got the first one, a super-sweet Elrick singlecut (I'll post a thread about that one in a minute) and was about to get this great Hill bolt-on (or a similar one with a natural finish). Then my wife and I were hit with a giant hospital bill from our daughter's birth a couple months ago. Suffice it to say, no second bass. It was a really nice fiver, too. Anyone else have an "almost had it" story of woe?

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    you the same Bryan Tyler as on the sight?

sorry you missed it. How is your girl?

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yup, that's me. And my daughter is beautiful and healthy-thanks for asking!

4. Well, I hear there's a healthy black market in babies...

Ok, I'll stop now. :bag:

Seriously, though, that's too bad, but if your daughter is doing fine, that's all that really matters.

I've never been that close to getting a bass but failing, but I do see I lot of good deals on Ebay, etc. where I just don't have the money at the time.

5. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i'd give up all my basses to ensure this!!!

congrats on the little girl! screw the other bass!

f