Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

(almost) NEW Bartolini NTMB prewired preamp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Tim Cole, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    This is the same preamp put in the MTD 535 basses, minus the mid sweep switch. Less than an hours use. 5 pots..... volume (push/pull active-passive), blend, and 3 band EQ (push/pull mid sweep). GREAT preamp, I just decided addding a second humbucker, and different preamp to my flea 4 just changed it's personality too much.

I will sell at a definite loss to me at $100

Racer48m@aol.com

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'll take this one for the collection :)

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    My info is the Bart preamp in the MTD's is custom, and only available in the MTD. It's different than the stock Bart preamps... even with similar or identical control configs. Same with the pickups... custom for MTD only and not available anywhere else.

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    My correction then, it is the same layout, and appears the same as my MTD 535 setup I used to have. David, email me to work out the details :)

Racer48m@aol.com

5. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but you piqued my curiosity, too... and sorry if I misunderstood, but did your MTD have push/pull pots? If it did, that's different now. Sorta' wish mine did have an active/passive switch, actually, sometimes the MTD can be a bit too crisp and I have to back off the high end... no biggie tho.

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    No, I didn't think of that......it did not have active/passive switching, and the switch did the job of the mid select on the push pull on the mid pot.

7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, cool. Thanks for the info. Sorry about the side track. Just love info.

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Not a problem :)

9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    On it's way bro, thanks!