1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Almost tone bliss.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by olaff421, Jan 3, 2008.

1. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    Well, I finally got the top item on my GAS list. I finally got the Bergantino NV610. Hell's Handbasket this thing sounds GREAT! I read someone's post somewhere on here saying that it makes any head sound great and it does! I can't get over the sound difference between my old cab and this beast.

When I was at the shop where I got it I demo'd a Meas/Boogie Titan V-12. I had plans of getting that before, but now it's settled, that will be my next amp. The tone of this cab and that head was pure heaven.

However, there is one or two more items to my tonal bliss. I will be adding an NV215 and a power amp to the rig. I'm guessing that I could possible crack the earth and have many pairs of ladies undergarments thrown my way (to the dismay of my wife ;) .)

Just wanted to share my new gear/tone euphoria with others.

2. Glad it worked out for ya! :hyper: Enjoy your new baby :smug:

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Good job!

I'm still getting there...haha.

4. Frankie Fender

Frankie Fender The less notes you play, the more money you make.

Jul 13, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I'm thinking I just may end up with the same rig too! I'm bringing my cab up to the store this Saturday to audition the V12, so I may get there before you.

5. Jeez dude, do you REALLY need a second power amp when you've got the Titan? Those are good down to 2 ohms, aren't they?

Either way, fantastic rig. I've heard nothing but good things about those Bergie cabs, and I LOVE the Titan V12.

6. m2o03

m2o03

Feb 27, 2006
    Iowa
    I'll be picking up a Titan (amazing amp!) to top off my NV610 as well; until then, i'll use the DB750 to power the it and the NV215.

Bassman1185 - you're right about the impedance; the Titan will do 2, 4 and 8 ohms.. it's such a beast!

7. Hey M2o03, whereabouts in Iowa are you at? You wouldn't happen to be purchasing that Titan from Keeper's in Ames would you?

8. m2o03

m2o03

Feb 27, 2006
    Iowa
    I'm up near Waterloo; I test drove the Titan at Bob's Guitars up in Cedar Falls. it's good to see a fellow Iowan on the boards!

9. Ahh, gotcha. I actually used to work at Keeper's, but I left right before the Titans started shipping out.

10. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Hey Ben, glad it worked out for you :) been looking at Bergantino cabs myself, but they're pretty hard to get a hold of here in Denmark.

By the way, I'm really digging your band! You guys sound great :) only thing I can put my finger on is the kickdrum which I think is too boomy.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021