Aloha from Maui

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Greetings, Im on my summer vacation in the beautiful island of Maui in Kihei right next to the beach :cool: . Ive been here for about a week and am just awe struck by the beauty of the water and the island itself. I am at the Hale Hui Kai resort (if anyone knows where that is) with a nice coral reef right next to the resort. Ive gone to the jungle areas and did a death march on the lava rocks searching for a Snorkeling area which we failed to find after 2 hours on that damn, sharp lava rock. But all in all its been great, definately a place to visit when you get the funds and time. Well time is money here in the Internet cafe, so Mahalo :bassist:
  2. Oh yea, ill post pics when I get back home in a week.
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I think I can speak for all of us here: We hate you.
  4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    When you go home you can tell people you learned two Hawaiian words...
    kamoniwannalaya and lickalottakalua
  5. or humuhumunukunukupua'a, the national fish
  6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Go up to Haleakala for sunrise. Beautiful.

Also, get a 4WD and cruise Hana Highway. Don't hit any of those people on the side of the road holding up bags full of green vegetative matter.
  7. We went up Hana highway, but in a Toyota Camry, but it still worked out.
  8. Lucky you! I've had a couple of great stays on Maui.

Yes, you must see the sunrise on Haleakala! Take all the warm clothes you have - it is sooooo cold!!! Definitely worth the early rise!

Ah! Such happy memories of Charlies Bar in Paia :)

Are you kite surfing/windsurfing/surfing??
  9. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Make mine a Cadillac margarita at Milagro's, also in Paia.

Any of you guys know my old homie Scott Mills? He's a fine drummer who lives over on the North Shore, and is a DJ on the little community station.

Are you kite surfing/windsurfing/surfing??

Who, me? :cool:
  10. I live on Oahu. Maui gets all the good stuff (LIKE KRESPY CREME ***) cause that's where most of the tourism is.