1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aloha!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Hawaii Islander, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Aloha everyone!

My name is Mike and I live on the Big Island "Hawaii" in the State of Hawaii. I'm originally from Salem, MA, but have lived in Hawaii for the last 20 years.

I first started playing bass in 1974? in high school. My first bass was a late 60's Mosrite Celebrity bass that I bought from my bass instructor (Ward Dilmore) for $350.00. I later traded it towards a 1974 Gibson Grabber G1. My first bass amp was a Fender Bassman 50 (tube) 1/2 stack with a 1x15 cab. Sold both of those before joining the USAF.

I'm a member of several guitar forums, but this is the first bass forum that I registered on. Nice to find a plce especially for bass players!

I found this site while browing the internet in search of my next bass. I'll post pics of my current gear in the appropriate forum.

I have the following gear:

Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (upgraded with Noiseless pups, Aguilar OBP-3 preamp, brass string nut, Schaller strap locks, and Elixir med strings).

Fender Mike Dirnt P-bass (stock) with Fender tapewounds.

Fender Bassman 400H, Fender 410 Pro SL cab, Fender TBP-1 preamp, Nemesis NA320 head, Ashdown 210 cab (cheap one), Line6 bass podxt live. I also have a Fender Blues DeVille Reissue that makes for a good tube bass amp combo.

:bassist:

2. Aloha, Mike. Welcome to Bass Island.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Hey Mike, I live on Maui. You all strapped in in case Flossie decides to turn North? ;)

4. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Well, Flossie turned out to be a dud. (a good thing). We did have a little earthquake to liven things up a bit! :smug:

Thanks for the warm welcomes! ;)

5. Hey Mike, Fenders ahoy!