1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alpha and omega comparisons

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by keatz, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    Hey guys, I was saving for an alpha omega/omicron, was so close and something came up and now I'm back to the start. Hopefully I get a handy Xmas bonus. Anyway, in the meantime I would like to get a tone that somewhat resembles the beast. I have an LS-2, an aftershock and various other drives to help me get there. What kind of effect would you say resembles each individual side of the mod? If I had to have a guess from videos I'd say maybe nobels odr for alpha and rat for omega, but interested to know what you guys think. Cheers.

2. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    The A side is similar to the B7K circuit, but a little different.

The O side is similar to the Vintage circuit, but a little different.

As a result, the pedal is more versatile than both :thumbsup:

3. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    A side:

O side:

rugrat likes this.
  4. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    Thanks, i ended up getting an alpha omicron at the end of last year along with a cali76 compact bass. At first i only really dug the ao at higher gain but im starting to really like the character with mod at 2 oclock and drive at 12. If i need a bit extra i hit the spark booster before it in fat mode and ive got a killer heavy od.