alright dudes and dudettes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by swanky, May 28, 2003.

1. swanky

Oct 21, 2002
    right then, i've got a question that maybe someone on here can help me out with. Has anyone played with one of those SWR goliath IIIs? and if you have what head was it through? basically im stuck trying to decide what kind of amp and cab i should upgrade to, and from what ive read so far it seems as if the goliath III is a good cab. i was looking at swr's SM series but i havent found anywhere out where i live to actually try 'em out. if someone could maybe comment on the quality of their swr equipment it would be very much appreciated.
  2. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Great service. Power it with as powerful an SWR head as you can afford. It sounds like what you want it to. Buy whatever lets you sound like you and forget about everyone else including me.
  3. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I run it off of an Ampeg SVT IV pro.It has a real "punchy" sound. Great cab, likes lots of power.
  4. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I dont use swr gear now but I have owned alot. I have nothing but good things to say about swr. They make a great product and have great costomer service. I really like the sound of their cabs but have had a hard time getting "my" sound out of the heads.
  5. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    to me, the Goliath III is one of the top 3 products SWR has ever made...

1. electric blue
    2. goliath iii
    3. sm-900

not that i've played EVERYTHING... but hey, I convinced myself, right?
  6. swanky

Oct 21, 2002
    thanks a lot dudes i appreciated it
  7. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    It seems to work for me, I own a good amount of SWR. However IMO your best bet is to buy what sounds good to you, preferably using your own bass. Try as many as you can and buy what you like. Try not to pay too much attention to the name. Cusotmer service, warranty, reliability all have some stake in what you purchase, but the sound is, of course, most of it.

Good luck.
  8. Which would sound better for 'rock'? An avatar or the swr? I could get the SWR used for the price of an avatar new.