alright need a little help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, May 21, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i have decided t take my huge 2x15 2x12 cab and split it. one cab 1x12 and 1x15 and another the same..this way i can just split the area in the cab. (it has two ports so one in each cab right?)

but the problem is..i don't think that this was actually tuned... how can i tell if this was tuned or if the just put ports in a cab with speakers?

again it is a 80's carvin cab with cts speakers and i know nothing about writing on them either,except the cts stickers...

whay should i do?

thanks as usual

2. So you think it may not have been tuned at all, just thrown together. That wouldn't surprise me. What you are trying to do is a real shot in the dark. Most likely you will ruin the whole thing.
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    yeah i know...but i can't sell it..its to big.
    this is my only way out.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Your right, turning down or actully doing some work to drag it around is NOT AN OPTION.

you MUST chop up a perfectly good cab and ruin everything about it.

Sell it, get another (smaller) cab.
  5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i don't plan to chop it up. im going to make new boxes. i can not sell this cab..even for the $150 price i have been asking..i can't ship it anywhere. it weighs more than i do at over 130 pounds. it takes up the whole back seat of my car. it sounds alright....i think it would sound better split up also. just the 2x15 thing..

6. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Maybe you could take out the speakers of the cab, and sell them, or make new cabs fort them(instead of chopping up the big cab)
  7. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Isn't that what he said he is doing?