alright... progress report

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bigfeet, May 2, 2003.

1. hey, how's it going with everyone? It has been interesting over here, psychiatrists have finnally accepted that I'm a schizophrenic, which makes allot of sense and before I say anything I should offer everyone a ciggar.

About a month ago one of the girls I was with about three months ago came to my house after she severed all contact with me. She had a suprise for me, she was almost three months pregnant with what is undeniably my child (no satanic baby talk coming from her stomach yet, don't worry).

At first when I heard this I sort of freaked out and went cadatonic for a few hours while my parents yelled at me anyways, when I came out of it I found myself angry with her for not telling me sooner. Atleast I could of paid for an abortion or helped her with the doctor appointments she had to go to. We talked for a while and I just can't thing of making anything I've created an orphan, so I've offered to do the majority of the child care while the mother completes highschool (oh yeah, I messed up that badly). After lots of thinking on the subject I've learned to accept that either way I'm going to have an 18 year responsibility ahead of me. After I accepted that I've decided that I'm going to do everything I can to keep my child from ending up as hurt as I did when I was growing up. I know this is the **** up of the century for me, but at the same time it's my chance to make up for what I am. No more drugs, no more sleeping around and no more goofing off. My life is no longer in my hands because I'm going to have a dependancy that needs me. I know this is both mine and that girls fault and there's no rational way out of this that doesn't go against my morals.

In another five or so months I'll have a bouncing baby boy (that's what the doctors say), so far he is as healthy as fetuses come and there are no signs of complications. I've decided I'm going to name him Magnus-Harold after his grandfather and great grandfather, maybe I'll just call him harry or maggot.

Well that's the news with me... how is everyone else?
  2. Congrats on the child. Treat him well.
  3. Aw BF, man, g'luck with the kid!
    Hope your therapy is going well, how are you yourself feeling?

Hows the bassin' & band going?

rock on :bassist:
  4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Wow Bigfeet! That´s a whole lot of news!

You are doing the right thing of aknowleding your responsibilites, not many men in your situation would do the same thing!

I congratulate you and wish you and yours the best of luck!

Chin up man!
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Congrats on the kid.

I know I have no right to tell you what to do with your baby, but please consider Adoption. There are lots of married couples out there that cannot have kids for some reason and would take in your child as if it was their own.

Please think this through before you make a final descision to keep him.
  6. Wow.:eek:

Uh, still, glad to see you back, and glad that you are taking the mature road on this. AND glad to hear that the psychs are getting help for you.

Now shut up and play bass, and everything will be okay. Right? Dammit, don't poke holes in my fantasy, just do it!!!!

Rock on
  7. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Maybe that's why she didn't tell you.
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i hope when your son is 15 and dealing with problems and insecurities, he never reads this, coming from his dad.

other than that, i'm glad to hear that you seem willing to take responsibility.
  9. Well, what are the odds of talkbass being around that long? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'll give it to some of you that aren't pro-abortion to contest what I said. But consider what position me and his mother are in, not only that but my personal views on life and how the world is. I'm scared as hell of my son ending up like me.
  10. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Yeah, it's much better to kill him, and it was very thoughtful of you to offer to pay for doing away with that minor "inconvenience."
  11. Ah yes, your sarcasm is very clear, insinuating that getting an abortion is an easy decission. Once again my choice of words have put me into the hot seat. Maybe I should have elaborated on that sentance a little bit more... I would much rather have the fetus die because I don't want it to end up in a ton of pain. It presents a delema... If you have a barbed wire fence and you're going to get a dog in your yard weither you like it or not and know that he's just going to run into that fence and cause fatal damage to himself; do you shoot it before it gets a chance to run into that fence so it doesn't have to feel that pain or do you just trust the dog in your yard and hope he doesn't run into the fence? And if you didn't notice I said or help her through her doctor appointments after I said pay for an abortion. You think I would actually at the drop of a hat kill my own child without the mothers best interest in mind or even her consent? My point is there is so much more I could of done or prepaired for this if I had known ahead of time. Not neccisarily opting for the abortion but I could of atleast played the role of a responsible father by helping her through the early stages of her pregnancy. I'm so sorry that I used the horrid word "abortion" before such pious fundamentalist, but in this situation it <b>was</b> an option.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    This isn't a pro choice/pro life thread, but if to Gunnar that was a legitimate route, then it was a legitimate route. To you it is not, but that doesn't make either of you "right." We're not here to call in to question his position on that. I don't care what he does, he's a friend, so I'm offering support to the situation he has given us, and not the giving him hell towards the one he has already told us he is avoiding.

Gunnar, I hope everything goes well for you, the mother, and your child.
  13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Don't you know where babies come from? In these days and times, with all the education and birth control that is available, there is no excuse for you to be in such a predicament.
  14. Oh really, condoms break and leak right? I've never had unprotected sex in my life, on the night my son was conseved our birth control tore open in the process of doing its job, when I noticed that there was a hole in there and nothing else I almost had a heart attack. Stop making assumptions please.
  15. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Okay, I'm through with this thread. The thought of using abortion as a "legitimate route" of birth control sickens me. I hope everything goes well for your family (sincerely).
  16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Make that a lifetime responsibility.

Best wishes for you and your family.:)
  17. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Well Mr Feet there's a lot in here that I don't agree with but...glad to hear from you. Take care.
  18. Good luck with your diagnosis and the kid, man. Don't let the others here get you down even more...having seen friends go through having to make decisions like that, I know it's no easy choice either way.
  19. best wishes for you and your soon-arriving child.