Alright...They have gone too far.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by menialtaskguapo, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before saying this, I want to tell you that I am a Methodist, that follows the Lord and all of his teachings.

I live in the Bible belt of the United States (for you live abroad and haven't heard of this, these are the southeastern states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Virginia that are the most religious states in the union, by far'; ironically, they also have the highest obesity rates hmm...), so the Baptists have remade everything Christian style. Christian music, Christian children shows, Christian stores, Christian private schools, Christian cigarettes, you name it, theres a Christian version of it, a label by God to somehow appeal to those in the Bible belt community. So likewise, about 10,000+ and rising Baptist people are trying to make a Christian American Country. That's right, these people are trying to get South Carolina to succeed from the Union to make a new country based on Baptist belief. Can these people get any dumber???? :confused: :eek:
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Menialtaskguapo, meet Forum Rules;

Forum Rules, meet Menialtaskguapo.

3. christian ciggarettes?

something aint right.
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Become a suporting member to engage in religious topics in the lounge.

To keep things a little less chaotic political, religious, and other controvertial threads are isolated to the lounge where trolling is less likely. Just the way it is.

6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    have you LOOKED in the lounge today Nick??? :E!!!
  7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    To say that those people represent the Baptist faith would be a non sequitur. They sound like a group of isolationists who are using their religious beliefs as an excuse to get what they want. It's a short step from there to blowing up innocent people...
  8. Do I smell closure? eh mods? :eyebrow:

and anyway, that's just the South, not the Southern Baptists as a whole. We're good folk! :D I used to be methodist, now baptist, doesnt' really matter on the denominational lines; they're almost the same outside of a few issues(eternal security, predestination, etc).

Allright, back to my point, take it to the lounge :D
  9. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, in before close. I will say though, extremes of anything make people crazy. Religion, discipline, drugs, etc....
  11. They do sound more radical than typical. Just another example of how religion, which is I believe is in existence to make things more simple and meaningful, has ended up making things so much more complicated. The stupidity of humans...

12. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Nice signature.
  13. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

Hmmmm, I guess I don't know what "IBTL" means.

Though the best church sign I've ever seen said "Sign broken, come inside for message."
  14. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    In Before The Lock........... :D
  15. Dude, i feel for you. I think its nuts, if they dont like it here... move. Move to Canada... they need more people.

Some things in this country will never change. Like, the Muslim prays over loudspeekers every morning in some souther town (im not sure where it is... some place by Georgia..)

Damn librals.

Im with you menialtaskguapo.
  16. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
  17. In Before The Lock - threads with no content are locked. some, however, manage to post before the admin sees the thread and post comments like IBTL

Oritinal thread content: blah blah blah!

Reply: ***?

i'dlike to give a big IBTL to all of you people out there!
  18. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

Oh, still don't get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.