Also need help spending money. Ampeg BA500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cola_klinks, May 29, 2005.

1. cola_klinks

May 29, 2005
    I've read tons of reviews for the last few days and everyone has their own preference based on what they do. I need some help finding a decent rig. I hadn't play for about ten years and recently came back. I'm playing an early 80's BC Rich Eagle in a metal/hardcore band. I like my sound punchy and thick. Any advice on what I should get? I'm open to combos. Money is an object and I don't really want to go under 300w --prefer 450w. I wasn't too thrilled when I tried a Behringer rig, but am open if anyone has a setup that worked for them. I used to have a GK400 with a 410 cab - 1990-1995, but never really found a sound I was thrilled with. I admit that I don't know much about the workings of all this stuff -- trying to learn -- I just need some good honest, experienced advice in today's market. I'dlike to keep the price under 2000 CAD 1650USD. What about the Ampeg Ba500?Thanks a lot in advance.
  2. Thunderfunk TFB420 + Aguilar GS-212? Thick and punchy, pretty darned loud. Maybe somebody else can comment. Or a Thunderfunk and avatar cabs if you want a stack.