Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Also need help spending money. Ampeg BA500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cola_klinks, May 29, 2005.

1. cola_klinks

cola_klinks

May 29, 2005
    I've read tons of reviews for the last few days and everyone has their own preference based on what they do. I need some help finding a decent rig. I hadn't play for about ten years and recently came back. I'm playing an early 80's BC Rich Eagle in a metal/hardcore band. I like my sound punchy and thick. Any advice on what I should get? I'm open to combos. Money is an object and I don't really want to go under 300w --prefer 450w. I wasn't too thrilled when I tried a Behringer rig, but am open if anyone has a setup that worked for them. I used to have a GK400 with a 410 cab - 1990-1995, but never really found a sound I was thrilled with. I admit that I don't know much about the workings of all this stuff -- trying to learn -- I just need some good honest, experienced advice in today's market. I'dlike to keep the price under 2000 CAD 1650USD. What about the Ampeg Ba500?Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Thunderfunk TFB420 + Aguilar GS-212? Thick and punchy, pretty darned loud. Maybe somebody else can comment. Or a Thunderfunk and avatar cabs if you want a stack.