Also new in here...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by da_witch, Jul 26, 2002.

1. so again an introduction..don't know what to say, but I am bassplayer so that will be enough..:D

2. Welcome to TB! Come on - ask a question about SOMETHING! The Mods will put it in the right category. ;)

Glad you're here.

3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    watch out!! the mad dutchman Allodox is hunting!
  4. Thank you for your welcome..:D

So, how is the amount of female bassplayers in here?
    And the amount of six string players?
  5. Hello da witch, welcome to TB and greetings from a beautifully sunny England (for a change:cool: ).

Can't answer either of your questions. All I know for sure is that I'm a bloke and six strings are far too many for me:eek: but just wanted to welcome you to the boards.

6. Thank you for you kindness John..
    So, what's the deal in here? Down here only bass stuff? Gear, technics, stuff like that?
  7. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey welcome to TB!!! :D
    Theres heaps of stuff here. Alot of people who know what they are talking about too.
    Obviously 4 string players are in abundance but there are 5,6,7,8 etc string players here too.
    Fretless players are popping up more and more.
    The forums are very informative.
    Most people dont like KORN!
    Thats about all there is to tell.
    Any questions just post it and im sure someone will answer.
    Have a nice stay!:D ;) :)
  8. Thank you and why are you a supporting member? You are gonna support me as a newbie?

I am not into Korn, more into Dreamtheater, Levin, Hamm etc...

Thanx for da intro..:D
  9. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    If you pay $20 usd you become a supporting member and help keep TB alive. Being into stuff like that i think youll fit in nicely.

10. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Welcome to TB da_witch! :)

I´ve been here for over a year and this is THE most informative bass player site on the net.

Here in various forums you can get advice on basses, amps, cabs, technique, tabs, setup, theory etc. etc. etc.

Sadly women are in minority here, but there are at least 20 or so active here.

Enjoy your stay here! :)
  11. Thank you :D
    We will c...;)
  12. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    With that "John Myung Signature" of yours, you also have the distinction of being among the very select few females venturing into the "Deep Six" :)

When you have some time to kill, this thread may be of particular interest to you...

Peace (and welcome to TB),

- Frank.
  13. Frank, thank you for da thread...posted the question how much female 6 stringers there are in here since I couldn't find the answer...:D
  14. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    Welcome to Talkbass.

I was at the bass forum (very sad, I know) and then I found this place. You actually have people who know what they are talking about.

15. I was in the guitar forum a long time ago (I am a guitarist too..:D) and there it was ok...
    Let's c if ya guy's can teach me something...:D
  16. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    Yeah, the guitar forum has a lot of pages, but the bass page has only 1 or 2 pages with about 12 valuble post.

Big improvment from there to here.

17. Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    welcome.......hope you don't get sick of us.I'm kidding, enjoy the forums and learn as much as you can from others.