Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Altering a 5 string Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lord Fender, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Lord Fender

Lord Fender

Jun 2, 2005
    I have been giving it thought and running a few ideas through a photoshop. I was thinking of altering my Active Deluxe Jazz V bass, with some external changes only. I just want to get a few questions through. My first Idea was changing the knobs, no problem there, I have already ordered some custom knobs and a customized pickguard for my Jazz bass. Now to the harder bits. I want to add a ashtray to the bottom of it. You know make it look more of a custom look. Although I am not sure if the average Jazz ashtray with the Fender F on it will fit a five string bass. Also same problem with my idea for the pickup cover on farther up. I also Fear to put in my thumb rest, I use my pickup to rest my thumb so I think I will put it below, but then it will cut into my custom pickguard right in the spot of my design. So I decided to put it on the top but closer to the fingerboard so It doesn't get in the way. Pretty much I am trying to run through 150 on customizing my bass. Any suggestions? Also anyone know if you can get pickup covers and ashtrays for a V string bass?

Danke,
    Fred.

2. Lord Fender

Lord Fender

Jun 2, 2005
    *Bump*

3. Lord Fender

Lord Fender

Jun 2, 2005
    *Bump*

anyone know if a fender jazz ashtray will fit on a fender V jazz bass