1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Altering a 5 string Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lord Fender, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Lord Fender

Lord Fender

Jun 2, 2005
    I have been giving it thought and running a few ideas through a photoshop. I was thinking of altering my Active Deluxe Jazz V bass, with some external changes only. I just want to get a few questions through. My first Idea was changing the knobs, no problem there, I have already ordered some custom knobs and a customized pickguard for my Jazz bass. Now to the harder bits. I want to add a ashtray to the bottom of it. You know make it look more of a custom look. Although I am not sure if the average Jazz ashtray with the Fender F on it will fit a five string bass. Also same problem with my idea for the pickup cover on farther up. I also Fear to put in my thumb rest, I use my pickup to rest my thumb so I think I will put it below, but then it will cut into my custom pickguard right in the spot of my design. So I decided to put it on the top but closer to the fingerboard so It doesn't get in the way. Pretty much I am trying to run through 150 on customizing my bass. Any suggestions? Also anyone know if you can get pickup covers and ashtrays for a V string bass?

Danke,
    Fred.

2. Lord Fender

Lord Fender

Jun 2, 2005
    *Bump*

3. Lord Fender

Lord Fender

Jun 2, 2005
    *Bump*

anyone know if a fender jazz ashtray will fit on a fender V jazz bass