1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Alternate Mode original steel Trapkat and extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Dirk Diggler, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Price:
    $650.00
    Here is a fully working Alternate Mode Trapkat v4.0HI in great condition. Also included is a fat Kat bass pedal trigger, a Roland FD7 adjustable hihat controller pedal, a quicklok pedal for editing, a very sturdy custom Gibralter stand with mounting brackets, 1/4" cables for both pedals and a midi cable. This package provides everything you need to use it right away. Included is the regular manual and the update manual. The only flaw I can find is the back panel on the left side has been taped with black tape to hold it in place as you maybe make out in the picture. Purely a cosmetic issue since that's where the internal sound module would go if it had one.

All you'll need is a midi sound source since this is just a midi drum controller with NO internal sounds. You can use any midi device like hardware synths drum brains and samplers, or a midi equipped computer to provide the sounds. You do need an interface with midi if you want to use this with a computer.

With 24 playing surfaces with True FSR technology in a size and configuration that rivals an acoustic drum kit. With 10 large flat pads, 14 surrounding raised edge or "rim" pads and individual kick and hi-hat footpedal inputs, the trapKAT offers a complete electronic percussion system in single, compact instrument. Up to 16 sounds can be triggered per pad either Velocity Switched, Layered or Alternated. The trapKAT also features an array of built-in percussive and melodic "grooves" which can be completely controlled from the playing surface. This allows the trapKAT to generate additional percussion parts or complete rhythm section grooves for practicing or performing. The trapKAT is the perfect solution for those who desire a comfortable and conventional layout with the power, flexibility and convenience of electronic percussion. Acoustic drum set players will feel right at home!

All pads and pedals are 100% working, so very little effort will be required to get you up and running day 1. The FSR's are all working well with no issues. It's all packed up in 1 box so it's going to be large and heavy to ship. The package dimensions are 20" x 8" x 50" and it weighs in at 64 lbs. I wouldn't be against local pickup if you're in the Western New York area.

This Trapkat was my backup controller since I have a newer Trapkat XL, and it's been so solid I don't need this backup anymore.

Any questions let me know.
    Dirk

TK1. TK10.
    TK11. TK12. TK2. TK3. TK4. TK5. TK6. TK7. TK8. TK9.