1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Alternate take of Hey Jude, mesmerizing bass line

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Max, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Max

Max

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I was in a café Friday that was playing a satellite radio station. Different rendition of Hey Judge came on. Vocals were the same, but the piano was less prominent and the bass line, drum part had more emphasis. It either illuminated another great Paul bass line that I hadn't heard before or was another take altogether. It definitely wasn't the usual radio version. Is what I am describing familiar to anyone? The bass line was more melodic. Really amazing. Can't find it on the Internet.

2. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    You're probably referring to the "Love" album version. It's a remixes/mashups album originally put together by George Martin for a Cirque du Soleil performance. Check the whole album out, it rocks (despite Cirque du Soleil sucking so much). Can't find the actual version but it has this pretty funky bass line that's left sounding more "naked" towards the end of the song (only choruses, claps, drums & bass).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. Max

Max

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Boom. That's it. Thank you so much.

andruca likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021