1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alternative arpeggio fingerings

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by markjsmithbass, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Whoa. Finally finished recording one long-ass video on arpeggio (chord tone) fingerings. Took forever to write out the music for all the examples and then after finishing all the encoding and uploading I realised there was a bit of my background stand visible in the vid. Arrgh!
    Anyway, the video covers the 3 basic fingerings you can use for any single arpeggio around one root note position. It's the same as the tri shape system I covered in the scale vid (if anyone saw that) . I've been really looking forward to putting this lesson out there because this stuff made a big difference to me when the penny dropped. There'll be a follow up lesson on complete neck coverage but hopefully that won't take me as long.
    http://www.talkingbass.net/music-theory-bass-guitar-3-essential-arpeggio-fingerings/

Hope that's of help to someone. I know it's long but it's certainly shorter than a comparable lesson I'd give on a one to one basis.

Mark