Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alternative for 445 $!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fozzy, Nov 29, 2003.

1. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Ok.. i have Ibanez SR305DX 5string bass. All of you people are saying, that there is alternative for Ibanez basses... I want hear your opinions - what kind of 5string bass you can buy for 445$ :)
    Which bass sounds better it this price range ?

2. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Yamaha BB605 at Music123.com, Fender Standard Jazz Bass V at various outlets, possibly an Ibanez SR405 near that price range.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    For that price, take that $299 Brice MM lookalike and swap the pups.

4. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    How about Ibanez BTB405 , it costs 100$ more !! But what you think, compared to SR 305DX?
    BTB beats SR? Is it worth it to change my SR to a BTB ?

5. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    You can occasionally find Reverend Rumblefishes (the 5Ls) on eBay for 400-550 dollars.

You won't get a better 5 string for that price.

6. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    or you can get the production MTDs like a Kingston n stuff.

7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Godin Freeway 5. Growl coming out of your...

You get the idea ;)

Dan

8. I second that!

[​IMG]
    Treena

9. The Rumblefish is certainly a good recommendation, particularly if you dig that vintage/retro vibe, which the Rumblefish has in spades.

A recommendation for a bass with a more modern vibe is the ESP LTD C305. Music 123 is having a close-out on discontinued colors. Those colors are red and black quilt maple. I've seen the red color in person (mine is amber) and it's beautiful. The closeout price is $420. It's a very good deal.

Hey, speaking of Rumblefish, I noticed that Reverend is selling to TrueTone music in Santa Monica. This means California residents will now have to pay sales tax on Reverend mail orders.:bawl:

10. kutz

kutz

Mar 19, 2003
    Orange County CA
    How about an OLP Music Man copy? I bought a 5 string from Musicians Friend a few weeks ago for $150 as a refurb. I think they're still selling for about $200. It's great! I'm very impressed with it. It has decent fretwork and feels pretty solid. For the price I paid, I can get seymour duncan or bartolini pu and still have spent less than $300.

11. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    This will be the second timd I reccommend this bass on playing it at GC alone: Schecter Stiletto. It plays so nice, and sounds great. Give it a try.