1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alternative method for pup cover

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by dooft11, Aug 16, 2007.

1. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    Well, i have to put in a nord DC 6 in a Bart P4 route. i tried this and find it work quite well.
    I draw up everything in CAD and sent to a laser Cut. and glue all those pieces together
    DSCF2198.
    DSCF2196.
    will top it with some wood
    and spray black anyway

2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    If it works, and you like it, it's a good idea. it's a good option for people to consider.

3. is it ecenomical?

4. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    The Norstrand Dual Coil 6 plastic covers are the same size as a P4. 4.65" x 1.25" Why didn't they fit?

5. It looks nice. What is the transparent material used? I'd like to see the end product when you will finish.

6. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    this is a quite early set of DC from Carey which the one for wood cover has a diff width with those with standard plastic cover, i do hope it was in standard p4 shape. well.M i use standard plexi plastic for it. it works very well.