Alternative Pedal Boards - I Hate Velcro!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jakeman, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman Swamp Thing Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm trying to put together a new pedal board, and I'd really like to avoid purchasing one that requires velcro strips. Are there any alternatives out there? I won't be building the actual board myself, as I have zero DIY skill. Any help would be much appreciated. Btw - working with around 15 pedals, plan to add more...

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Jakeman likes this.
  3. veryvery and Jakeman like this.
  4. Well, its kind of the same idea as Velcro but like x1000 better.

Dual Lock

Way more secure, leaves no residue (in my experience), and much less of a hassle over the bicycle chain method.

Jonny_Orange, Fuzzbass and Jakeman like this.
  5. The Holey Board uses zapstraps/zipties. You could do the same with the Temple boards and skip the expensive plates.

Bicycle chain is most secure – anybody wants to nick a pedal from your board is going to have to take the whole board and then it's a pain in the butt to remove the pedals – great theft deterrent IMO, but also a pain to rearrange pedals.

There are a few threads on this topic worth checking out.

6. cchorney

cchorney Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    Raising this thread from it's half year slumber because I'm having the same thoughts. And now I am thinking DIY, using either peg board over a wood frame or a baker's cooling rack or dish rack, or maybe using a vented server rack shelf like this or this, also properly framed. Ooh, or a metal pegboard. I saw the Holey Boards (me likee) and Temple boards but now I'm on "how cheap can I go" track. I currently have a DIY board that is 17x12 and that's a little too small, so I need something with more real estate - either wider for 2 longer rows, deeper for 3 rows, or 2 levels to fit more pedals in that dimension.

Last edited: May 23, 2017