Alternative Rock CLubs in Atlanta/ Marietta area?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by clanner, Sep 15, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I don't know if this is in the correct forum but, are there any alt. rock clubs or places with alt. rock nights in atlanta/marietta? 30066 area? I went to swayze's (worst place ever, though they did book coheed and cambria) and the guy behind their desk didn't even know what alternative rock was, I named the chilli peppers nirvana and th foo fighters and he was still clueless. I hate swayze's.

if a mod could move this if I am in fact in the wrong forum.
  2. MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    Yeah I don't like Swayze's too much either but the guy behind the desk was, more than likely, being a smart ass. The people there pride themselevs in being "too cool". Other than that I really don't know where else to play in that area.
  3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    well, he looked like a twit, and the fact that I'm black might not have been a selling point. oh well, their loss.

I hate racial profiling

plus I've seen a couple of bands go in and come out with some of their stuff either destroyed (because of kids that are trying to act like they are truly one way when they live a pampered life) and because of idiots running bass through guitar amps (guy wasn't even playing that night, just picked the biggest amp before the gig and started playing)

I'm 16 and already think kids these days are out of control, they don't have any sense of reality,

p.s. if your amp is open in the back, cover it, someone may make it into a convenitant ash tray. :scowl: