1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alternative to Digitech 355?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by arock0627, Mar 20, 2013.

1. arock0627

arock0627

Mar 20, 2013
    Lawton, OK
    Hi folks, here's the situation:

I'm currently looking for a pedal/processor that will allow me to jam with headphones, use a few drum loops for free form, and connect and external audio source. Unfortunately, through all my searching, the only one I could unearth is the Digitech 355... and even though its been 9 years since I had a bass and was able to play proper, it appears Digitech still has that residual rep of cheap and ineffectual.

Is there an alternative? If I have no other choice then I'm going to have to go with the 355, but I would just rather not.

Please note that aux input is a make-it or break-it deal

2. Versatek6

Versatek6 Fretless is like Trombone Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    My experience may be different from yours, but I have had good luck with my Digitech products. I got a GNX3000 when they came out in 2005 for my guitar gigs, and have gotten nothing but compliments whenever I use it. It is still solid and in regular use. Has some nice Trace Elliot and Ampeg bass patches, too.

The fellows I play with at church use an RP355, an RP350 and an RP90. It's been about five years for them with the same pedals, and they are happy. The 355 user moved over from a Line 6 product.

My direct experience and that of three of my good friends are positive. I hope that is helpful.

V67

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Some people enjoy the digitech bp355 and some people don't. really it's a mixed opinion kind of thing. if you want something different besides the digitech bp355, I would recommend the zoom b3. this multi-effects processor has a good sound quality and it has a large variety of effects. I do have sound samples of both the digitech bp355 and the zoom b3 on my soundclick website. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Check it out and see if either the digitech bp355 or the zoom b3 is right for you. also I have started threads on patch ideas for the zoom b3 and the digitech bp355.

Zoom b3 patch ideas thread
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/zoom-b3-patch-ideas-918990/

Digitech bp355 patch ideas thread
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/digitech-bp355-patch-ideas-746947/

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I too have had the best of luck with digitech processors. I've owned a digitech rp350 for my guitar and a digitech bp355 for my bass. I've started a thread on patch ideas for the digitech bp355 when I've had a digitech bp355. recently I've been given requests by many talkbass members to post more patch ideas for the digitech bp355. I'll be buying a digitech bp355 real soon and I will post more patch ideas and I would also post more sound samples of the digitech bp355 on my soundclick website.

Here's the digitech bp355 patch ideas thread I've started.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/digitech-bp355-patch-ideas-746947/

And here's my soundclick website. www.soundclick.com/crystalman95

5. arock0627

arock0627

Mar 20, 2013
    Lawton, OK
    Interesting replies. I thank you guys for the heads up. The local music shop where I'm getting my new Spector (Just a Legend series, nothing exciting) said they're getting a few back in stock this week.

The Zoom b3 is great but no audio in.

Thanks for all the help guys!

6. arock0627

arock0627

Mar 20, 2013
    Lawton, OK
    That Korg Pandora has seriously caught my attention. I appreciate everyone helping this old fogie find his feet again.