Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

alternative to Line 6 expression pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PureRockRoll, May 25, 2005.

1. PureRockRoll

PureRockRoll

Apr 24, 2005
    I have a the line 6 delay modelar and i am really interested in the expression pedal, but when i go to musciansfriend and look at the few reviews they have, everyone says it's horrible and htat it will most likely break after 2-3 gigs. I was wondering if anyone knew an alternative expression pedal that is better quality that would work for the Line 6. Either that or if you have had any experienc with the line 6 expression pedal, is it really as bad as it says on musciansfriend?
    thanks

2. i have the same pedal i wanna get the expression pedal. can u tell me wat it does. lol i know its dumb to ask but iam not sure wat it would do for a delay.

3. I don't know what the input jack is like for the expression, but I'll have a stab in the dark. Roland EV-5? Works well for me.

4. PureRockRoll

PureRockRoll

Apr 24, 2005
    It allows you to blend two different types of delay, basically making it so you can have 6 presets instead of three

5. dmaki

dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Chattanooga
    Actually, I think it just allows you to change the parameters within one delay mode. So for example, you could have the delay speed set at one setting with a certain amount of feedback, and then gradually move towards another delay speed with a different amount of feedback.

6. Back when I used MIDI and rackmount effects I used two or three Ernie Ball volume pedals as expression pedals. It was my impression that you could use any passive (non-powered) volume pedal as an expression pedal, and you really won't find a more durable and fluid pedal than the Ernie.

Will it work on a Line 6? It never hurts to try.

7. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    For some reason i could never get my roland ev-5 to work with my Line 6 DM4...(not that expression pedal is that useful for distortion effects anyways)

8. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Line6 expression pedals are neat the way they're used. You set the parameters when pedal is toe down. Then set different ones for heel down. The pedal will fluidly move from one the the next.
    I think any expression pedal should work. A volume pedal might not, you'll have to try that out for yourself.