Alternative to Sansamp BDDI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superfly, Jun 23, 2005.

1. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Any alternatives for someone who doesn't want to spend the $160-$200 for a Sansamp BDDI?

I just want a less expensive alternative to the Sansamp. Something to add fattness and warmth like the sansamp, maybe with alittle SVT grit at times. I'm just a hobby player so I don't need to worry about recording or massive onstage quality.

Digitech bass driver?
    Hartke bass attack?
    Boss odb ?
  2. sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    Behringer has a copy that runs you about 30 bucks online...
  3. You could spend about $100 and get the real thing, used. I got a used one and it sounds great. Definitely worth the cash
  4. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    It seems that USED ones on Ebay go for $130-160 .
  5. The reason its going for that much used should give you a reason to have incentive to buy it surely :p

Your lucky you aint over here, £200 new = $360 (
  6. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    If you don't need the XLR output (DI) of the BDDI you can look for boxes like a Tube Driver or a SansAmp Classic or any other overdrive box. The BDDI is nice because it has great clean sounds and the EQ is very musical, the overdrive is optional. I've heard some decent OD boxes, but nothing that I would say has the BDDI sound.

Maybe look for the SansAmp AcousticDI, which is like a BDDI but with midrange control. You might find a better deal on it.
  7. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Check out the SVT-DI version. Not sure on the price, but it may be more than the Sansamp.
  8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    It's about $300 at Zzounds :eek:

Sure looks cool though. Has anybody tried it?