1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alternative to the Diesel 115 (or love my Diesel 115)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt Dean, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I just realized last night that I use my Diesel 115 loaded with a Kappa 3015 more than any other cab. I use it for all my rehearsals and I use it for all coffee house/small room gigs. I realized that while it really does sound pretty darn good to my ears, since I use it so much, maybe I should consider replacing it with another compact 115 that might sound better.

So, what do you TB cab-heads think I should do? Get another better compact 115 (please make recommendations) or should I just keep loving my Diesel 115 and spend my money on...

pedals?

:bag:

2. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I'd get another one and load it with an EV 15L.

I find the 3015s too dark in that box, and the 15Ls a little too bright at times, but one of each is a pretty great mix IME.

I don't know that you'd want to go any smaller than the Diesel (EV TL-606) for a 15". If you want a smaller box, I imagine you'd have to find something in the 12" department. (Like an EV TL-806, the 12" version of your Diesel cab, or one of the tons of 12"s that are all the rage these days.)