1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

alternatives to EMG-HZ's...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bass349, Jun 1, 2005.

1. hey guys

just wondering what pickups are the same size as the EMG-35's. At the moment i have the EMG HZ's in my spector - i'm rather keen to get rid of these! i was after an EMG-35cs and an EMG-35dc (after reading what other TB's have had to say), but the only site i found that'll ship these to Australia won't answer my emails :mad: These pickups are about $400 each over here, so i'd much rather import from the US.

basically i think i'm going to have to look elsewhere. the Bartolini M3 pups are an option. anybody used these in spectors? i play mainly jazz and finger funk style stuff so i'm looking for something kinda warm but with a bit of lower mid punch. i'm using a sansamp BDDI as my outboard pre.

are there any other pickups that'll fit apart from the barts? a mate at uni suggested Nordstrands, but i don't think they make any in the right dimensions...

any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,
    Andy

ps. anybody had any experience dealing with guitarpartsdepot.com? they seem to be ultra slow to answer their emails (i'm talking nearly a week, with a few reminders sent..)

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. hmm i don't think so.. the exact dimensions are 1.5' x 3.5'

or for us metric folk, 38mm x 89 mm

the kent armstrong ones are a little too long and a little too skinny. thanks anyway