Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alternatives to FCB1010

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kelly Coyle, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Since we all know that Behringer is, err, dispreferred among people around here, I've been looking for some alternative to the FCB1010 footcontroller. Of all of the Behringer products, this one seems to not be an outright copy of something already out there, and (it pains me to admit) seems to be totally superior to all of the competition. (That, and it costs about the same as a good volume pedal.)

I need one CC, but the ability to send CCs via the switches is a huge plus. And you can send note on and off, too. Nothing else I've seen can do that, at least until you get up to the $6-800 dollar level (e.g., Ground Control Plus), and even then don't seem to do it as well.

So what have I missed?

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I had one of those and it worked great. Who cares what the hell everyone else says? If it works go with it.

3. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I try to avoid giving money to unscrupulous operators. Sometimes, you can't avoid it, but it's worth asking.

4. This is the one i have, its discontinued, but they really are nice if you can find one!
    ART X-15

[​IMG]

5. I've just got a FCB1010 which seems to be very good. I did a little looking around and there aren't too many other pedal boards that offer two expression pedals.

Naturally the Behringer is cheaper than the Roland.

EDIT: Oh and there seems to be quite a good support for the FCB1010 through things like their Yahoo webgroup. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010/ They have a PC editor and lots of useful files etc.

6. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    ME and my guitarist both have that behringer midi board. its very powerful but abit confusing to program at first. Something i didnt apprecitate was that its program changes started at 1 whereas most devices start their program numbers at 0. So like a signal of 14 from the behringer would change to program number 13 on my device,etc. im not sure if thats entirely a behringer problem tho.