Alternatives to Racking My Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikarre, Jul 23, 2004.

1. mikarre

mikarre Guest

I like my Hartke 3500 amp just fine the way it is. It sits perfectly on top of of my cabs and looks kinda cool. I really dont want to fiddle with it. The only problem is, carrying it around un-racked will lead, I'm pretty certain, to the demise of the amp. Even if it doesn't actually quit, it will definately get bashed to heck as time goes by. So now I have to buy a bulky, ugly, 2U rack to stick my amp in. I had originally thought of putting it in a rack bag, but I think I will opt for the hard case rack for a little more security.

Wouldn't it be nice if SKB, or Hartke, or some company, made a case for an amp like this. I could just stow it in the case for transport like my bass, and pull it out when I need to plug in. Seems easy enough. Jeesh, the box the thing came in seemed pretty secure, I would think a hard case of the same dimensions would be perfect.

Is there a company that makes cases like this? I'll rack her out of nescessity, but I wish there was another way.
  2. country_boy

Apr 13, 2004
    Houghton, MI
    I'm not sure on the dimensions of your head, but a military surplus 81mm ammo can and some foam might do the trick. It would be a little heavy, but the head would be very safe, plus you have the bad@ss factor.
  3. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Carvin makes a 2U case for their heads... but I'm not sure if they really fit other heads too well.
  4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    FYI, I gigged my Hatke 3500 for over 3 years with no rack case. It was hauled around between gigs and practice in an old Dodge Maxi-Van (The Greatest Band Van Ever!) and never broke anything. It had some very minor scuffs and that was it.

I would put it in a case now looking back. Tragedy could have struck anytime. Get online with the manufactures of cases and see what they have available that you could just sit it in and not actually mount it. Here are some links:

Thats just few to get you started.
  5. mikarre

mikarre Guest

That is really cool!! :bassist: Unfortunately, not quite big enough. I would be all over that though if it were.