Alvarez Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d3m0n chica, Nov 25, 2002.

1. GET IT!!!1

6 vote(s)
  2. Save your money...

6 vote(s)
  1. Hey everyone.. I have been bass shopping and I found my favorite out of the ones I have looked at.. it is an Alvarez Bass.... for 495.95 but the guy is willing to come down to 450 for me cause I am so interested (and he thinks I am purty) ;) I want to know what you think.. the pic is of a 4 string... the one I am looking at is a 5 but other than the strings they look exactly alike.
    Take the poll.... Option 1: get it...
    Option 2: Save your money for something else

thanks so much
  2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I have an Alvarez 4 string Bass I've owned about 4 years. Alvarez makes a very good bass, IMHO.
    The price sounds about right for a 5 string.
  3. I played something similar in a local shop, and it seemed like a decent bass, though not exactly to my taste. (Keep in mind, though, that I haven't played a whole lot of fivers). A friend of mine has an Alvarez fiver like that and he loves his. So if you like it, go for it. On the other hand, make sure you try other basses in your price range, too- there are plenty of good instruments available, especially if you look used.

Hope it's nice weather down there in Louisiana- I have to make a stop down to see the family for Thanksgiving. Hurrah.
  4. Big Jim

Big Jim Guest

Dec 18, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Hey, I just purchased a 4 string Alvarez on Ebay, like the 5 string in the Picture. This is the best playing and sounding Bass I've had in my hands in a long time, bar none. If you are happy with the deal, BUY IT! First Alvarez i've ever had. Thanks, Big Jim
  5. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I've played a couple of Alverez's in music shops and I thought they were all pretty good instruments. Almost bought one for cheap from Musician's Friend until I saw the ones they were selling were refurbished.
  6. I've got a couple Alvarez basses in my collection (5-string and a 6-string)...I love 'em complaints.

Some people don't like the narrow string spacing, but I happen to love it (to each his own I guess).

If you like the way it plays and sounds, I don't see any reason not to get it though.