1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alvin Lee of Ten years After passes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bluesblaster, Mar 6, 2013.

1. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Iconic Guitarist Alvin Lee passed away today from complications after routine surgery. RIP

2. just did a post about this in Misc....i am sad....he was the epitome of blistering guitar.

we'll not see his like again

davesignatureII-1.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Yes, he was a hot soloist! RIP.

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Wow. That is sad. And it feels kind of oddly random. At our last practice, we sort of fell in to I'd Love To Change The World in between songs that we actually know and play. It's a pretty obvious riff. And then you find out that nobody knows all the words, like a lot of songs. But everybody knew a different part. So I sang the first verse and got stuck halfway into the second one. And Randy knew the second one, but didn't know the bridge. But John knew the bridge...you get the idea.

But how weird is it that we did that out of the blue Monday and then he dies the next day or two later.

5. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    I saw him play at Reading Rock in the early 80's, tremendous player sounding really natural.

I also met him in about 2005, I rented him a car when I worked as a car rental agent in Heathrow. He came across as a really nice guy, no pretension about him, seemed genuinely flattered that I knew who he was and enjoyed his performance and bought a copy of "Stoned Henge" on the strength of it....