1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am. Deluxe Dimension Bass V neck on an Am. Deluxe Jazz Bass V body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MartialDylan, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Has anybody tried to install a Fender American Deluxe Dimension Bass V neck on a Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V body?

The only issue I can see is at the heel area. The American Deluxe Jazz Bass V's heel would stick out a little bit from the American Deluxe Dimension Bass V's neck on the treble side. I don't play much in the upper register so this wouldn't bother me.

What I'm after is the 1.75" nut width on the American Deluxe Dimension bass V's neck.

I love the sound of my American Deluxe Jazz Bass V. I would like to get a narrower width neck if possible.

Both basses have the same string spacing at the bridge so I'm assuming the dimension bass V neck will still fit snug in the jazz bass V neck pocket. The neck plates appear to be the same.

Has anybody tried this neck swap?

Thank you for your time.

(Edited this thread's title to be shorter)

2013-fender-american-deluxe-jazz-sunbur-AAe9UHa.
    lg_e536f6680568f8f2119a8d8dbae205e3..

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  2. Here's another pic of the Dimension Bass's neck joint
    e2gjladtmdgcrvcvrrem.

3. I'll bump once in case people missed this post last night.