1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am. Fender Precision Deluxe 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by iriegnome, Feb 29, 2008.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    From what I gather this is a 2005 (by the serial number) Fender American Precision Deluxe 5 string. It is an amazing bass, but not quite what I want. It is Red with a white pickguard. Maple Neck and Rosewood fretboard. I tried to capture the fantastic Mother of Pearl inlays, but my camera is not very good. So, instead of this bass waisting away in the corner of my overcrowded house, I am putting up to you. I would like $1200 + shipping. I can take paypal, but we can talk about that. There is only one small issue with this bass. There is a dent on the edge of the bass by the input jack. Nothing cracked or chipped, just dented.
    PDFull. PDBody.
    PDHead. PDSjpg.

2. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    These are badass. Someone buy it right now.

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I'll second the "amazing" part. I love mine and would have no problem paying the asking price for this if I was in the market for a backup.

By the way, that fretboard is pau ferro.

4. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    What would shipping be to 65201? I can provide a business address if that would be cheaper, and I would want insurance of course as well.

5. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Also, that's not the same color as this American Deluxe Jazz V, is it?

[​IMG]

It's hard to tell from the photo if yours is metallic or not. Is it that pinkish/orange in person, or is it just the lighting? I believe the '05 came in CAR.

Any photos of the dents/input jack?

Does it come with the case?

Thanks,

6. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I do not have the original case, but I can put it into a beautiful MF Gig bag :)D) Also, the lighting is bad. It is not metallic. Also it is not Trans Red. You cannot see through the paint.
    PM's Replied to

7. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    The bass is actually very red. The pic's came out not that great because of my lighting and my camera. I don't know the exact color. It is hard to find information on the bass anylonger. They were only made for 3 years and production stopped in 2005. This was the last year. It does however have the full Elephant ear tuners and not the chunky fat ones.

8. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Wow...just, wow!

9. Dr.Thumpinstein

Dr.Thumpinstein

Dec 13, 2006
    PM sent.

10. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Back At Ya!

11. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    That's hot! Unfortunately... not my color :(

12. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    That is part of my problem. The color and the Pau Ferro Board. They are just not for me

13. rduckwor

rduckwor Nashville Cat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    L.A. - Lower Alabama
    This is very nice and is driving me crazy. 18V active? What's the deal with the pole piece positions on the bridge position pup? Is it the angle or are they really directly between the strings? I just got rid of my Aerodyne because it was a four banger, this might fill the void. How does it sound?

Thanks,

RMD

14. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    These things sound phenomenal. Very clear lows with that Precision pickup and tons of upper end "sparkle". I've heard it live a few times. (Friend's bassist plays one)

15. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I have not replaced the battery/batteries. I think it is 18v. You are not mistaken, the pole pieces are not under the strings but along side of it. The bass rocks. With the 3 band EQ and a blend for the pups, it has tons of sound possibilities and looks cool too.

16. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    The bridge position pickup is designed by Bill Lawrence and is the same model that's in Fender's Roscoe Beck signature basses. Here is Bass Player's review of the RBV as well as a writeup by Roscoe Beck talking about how the pickups came about: http://www.roscoebeck.com/profile.htm

And yes, 18v. The ADPV has been around for a lot longer than three years, and this model is one that came out after the update which included changing from 9v to 18v.

17. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I do not hide my ignorance well with this bass.

18. rduckwor

rduckwor Nashville Cat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    L.A. - Lower Alabama
    Thanks! That's good info.

RMD

19. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    All true with one caveat.

The bridge pickup is not quite exactly the same as the RBV, but close enough it might as well be the same unless you were into modding the bass. The RBV pickups have all four leads available, so you can do coil tapping. The one in the ADPV only has a pair of wires coming from it (it's hard wired in parallel mode.)

The ADPV has been around since at least 2001, and I'm thinking even into the late 90's. I say that because I used to own a model that was before the updates (shaved neck heel, 18V preamp, and 4+1 headstock).

20. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I believe I also read that there are poles under the plastic as well so it may not be as simple as it appears. Regardless, trust me, this pickup has NO issues with output and clarity!!!