Am I a manipulative *******?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by machine gewehr, Apr 30, 2012.

1. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Yes, what the TBOT needed the most, brought to you by machine gewehr: A chick thread!

On saturday a friend of mine called me and told me if I'd like to join her for hanging out. She's an ex of a friend of mine so I figured maybe she's looking for some comfort and wanted to talk to me about him. She was generally depressed too.

But no, she doesn't do any of these I expected, we had a great time and figured it'd be a good idea to drink beer for ~10 hours straight.:rolleyes:
    It's weird when she told me the kind of guy she wanted to be with, she was describing me.:eyebrow:

Some time late, a spark turned into a fire and we started kissing, and things that shouldn't have been said were probably said. I think I might have manipulated her into it, but she had no problem with that. We figured we thought about each other last year at the same day and now this happens. I told her we couldn't do it even though I was drunk to the feet.

I wake up in the morning of yesterday thinking "the **** I did last night?:eek:" We talked about it and decided it's best not to tell anyone anything ever.

I feel like I should stab myself in the heart, I did something similar with an ex of mine 2 years ago. I meet her, she's vulnerable and I took the shot. But it's not like that this time, I didn't care about the ex but I care about this one. She's the most awesome girl I've ever known.

We're supposed to meet with friends today and she'll be there. I don't know if I should go or make an excuse or just ride my bike, jump from a cliff and make it look like an accident. I hate when I do complicated f'ed up stuff like this.I feel terrible:scowl:

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Dude, she called you over and used you for her own gratification. You're probably not as suave as you think you are. She just needed a 'play date' and used you as her toy :D

3. That what I was trying to think of that it sounded like.

4. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I should feel terrible, but I felt good after reading this. Just for this once, it's good to be a toy.:D

5. +1

and you think it was you dont you

6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I don't know man. I asked her to come near me, I have no idea why I did that. I couldn't hear her good because of my stupid deaf right ear and there was a cab on my left shoulder so... maybe I just wanted to hear her better. I just couldn't believe she'd do that, but depressed woman are a greater mystery than normal woman.

I don't know if I should go to the meeting tonight or not. Tough luck.:meh:

7. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Women aren't the fragile creatures they'd like us to think they are... If anyone was manipulated it was you. Show up, act like nothing happened. Say hi, then ignore her.

8. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I have no advice for you, but felt I should post that I have no advice for you.

Please don't listen to strangers on the internet about something like this.

9. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    This.... Don't think too highly of yourself in that regard. Women are rarelyl the victims of manipulatiin when all things are equal.... and who knows... If you get on well, can communicate well and share the same interests outside of the sex this could be the start of something good. She was your buddies ex ... for a reason. If it gets more serious though I would talk to the buddy... If he is a true friend he'll be more happy for you than not.

10. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Hahah you're right. But you'd be surprised how many times I got good ideas from fellow TBers. Most of them are not strangers from the internet any more.;)

This happened to me before, I dated an ex of an old friend and made "the talk". He was gentelman enough, was totally over her so it didn't become a big deal. If I were to talk to this guy, I'm pretty sure I'll need time to look good again.:D:atoz: I just couldn't fight back.

But this is too soon. I thought about what you said but I don't know if she meant what she said or it was the beer talking. If I knew she meant it, I wouldn't give up. She's probably the most awesome girl I ever met.

11. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

I missed the part where you did any manipulating.

Do you actually want to be with this girl? If so, talk it over with your friend that she used to date to clear the air about it, otherwise you'll wreck that friendship. If not, carry on with your life and no biggie that I can see.

12. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    Do you know what's awesome? Summer school. You should enroll, and read Maki's Sticky. It will prevent further threads like this.

13. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I know I know, that's why I wrote

But this is not like your every day chick thread.:spit:

:p

14. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    How long since they split up? If it has been more than a couple of months, go fo it. It's hard enough to find the right person without worrying about the others' ex and if she was describing you as being right for her without having seen her recently, you had already made a good impression. Tell him that it wasn't planned, you never approached her when they were together and it was completely unexpected. If he's not OK with this, I would say it's HIS problem and if he starts beating on you, he's not your friend. If one of you had approached the other while they were still together, it would be totally different- that would justify you saying that you two couldn't do what it seems would have happened. I wouldn't do that to a friend and I don't want my friends to do that to me but when someone is on the rebound, it's best to take it slowly- sometimes, the one on the rebound ends up going back to the one they were with but if your comment about not looking good after meeting him makes me think he may have been abusing her.

I would go. It may be awkward, at first, but it may well be worth it.

15. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Not long since they split up. I never approached her and she never approached to me neither when they were together. I would never do that.

On the beating part, he's getting weird and weird every time I see him. He changed a lot in years and he might have a break down if I told him something like that now. I know he never abused her, that's out of the question.

I absolutely agree on the going back part, you never know and I might get caught in the middle of everything and be the bad guy. And sad, not only bad.:D

I'll take my time, see where this goes...

16. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    220px-Booty_call_poster.jpg

Booty Call

17. look at it this way, nobody forced her to want to be with you. whatever the impairment is, the choice was made on her behalf to do as she did.

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Huh? Why? You got laid. This should not slow you down in your pursuit of quantity over quality. If you're able to tap it again, tap it. If you're able to tap it several more times then tap it several more times. But don't get all contemplative over it. Tap it, and then tap her friends, and tap their friends. QUANTITY. Learn it.

19. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Did he? The OP's original story skips from "I told her we couldn't do it" to "I wake up the next morning." Was he horrified next morning that he'd banged her, or that he could've banged her and didn't, or that he'd been "manipulative" somehow without any banging per se?

I'm confused.

:confused:

This is the confused face. See: :confused:

20. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Nice job there. :p

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021