1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am I about to do something stupid...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by pplundberg, Mar 18, 2008.

1. pplundberg

pplundberg

Mar 18, 2008
    I don't think so but wanted to check. I have an old Peavey T-45 that (to my surprise) I like to play from time to time. It's built like a tank, plays well, stays in tune...but doesn't sound great.

I thought I would throw a set of J bass pick ups in it and see how it sounds. Problem is I'll have to "destroy" the original condition of the instrument by removing some wood to accommodate the new pick ups.

My understanding is that the T-45 is not such a valuable vintage instrument. I wouldn't be kicking myself in the nuts for mucking with it 5 years down the road...would I?? Any thoughts on this?

-Patrick

2. Go for it, the market value on old Peav's isn't that great, and as you said it currently doesn't sound good, so UPGRADE